No surge, no incentives.

Trafficat

Right now the Reno market sure does suck. The $3 weekend night Uber quests are gone. I haven't acquired a sticky surge worth over $4 in a week and even the $1.25 sticky surge is rare. Lyft got rid of their ride bonuses. Lyft lowered their XL min fare.

It's Saturday night, and for the last few hours I have averaged $11 an hour before any expenses, doing mainly XL rides that are min fare rides ($3 on Lyft, $5.25 on Uber.) No tips in sight. I just signed out to go read a book at the Peppermill. I guess I will keep my apps open and turn it on if I see any surge clouds over $3 or if a personal power zone suddenly surrounds me. I cannot understand all the ants driving around. Either everyone is getting better incentives and rides than me, or everyone is desperate to make sub-minimum wage after expenses.

Last edited:

Timbrr

There's a $4.25 surge at the airport right now! 😜

Wtf is a personal power zone? I've never seen one before. Lol

I'm at home right now waiting for the snow to start. Bad roads make it more fun! On that note, I've decided that Washoe county has had all of its snow plows stolen..

Trafficat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a $4.25 surge at the airport right now! 😜

Wtf is a personal power zone? I've never seen one before. Lol

I'm at home right now waiting for the snow to start. Bad roads make it more fun! On that note, I've decided that Washoe county has had all of its snow plows stolen..
$3.50 on my screen at the airport. Airport surge does not count for me, at least not at this hour. It disappears when you leave the airport and usually at this time if I go there the other drivers get the last few rides and I will have a sticky I cannot use.

PPZ is an odd seemingly random Lyft incentive where you get a sticky surge if you wait long enough in a box on the map in what is usually a dead zone.

I like the tiny $2 sticky zone in the Reno High parking lot right now.... A driver can go there and maybe get a $2 bonus on his next min fare trip from Our Bar to Tonic.

I like snow driving if there is surge to go with it.

Last edited:

Timbrr

And it's down to $1.75 now. I've never joined the airport queue. Never really seemed like it would help any. I try to stay away from downtown too, especially on weekends. I'll always try to work my way towards the north valleys, find better rides up there.

Can I ask what you drive? Just wonder if I see you around.

Trafficat

I see a $5.75 surge... inside of the Air National Guard base fences... lol
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Timbrr

I've seen someone in an outlander, maybe you. I doubt I'd even notice a focus though, would see it as a speed bump with an Uber sticker on it 😏

My car definitely stands out and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Lol. I'm fairly certain it's the only Uber land rover in town though.

Trafficat

Hop the fence at the air base to get a $3 sticky! [Disclaimer: Will likely result in being sent to Guantanamo Bay]