No, Sir I Don’t Have To Wait

Invisible

I was sent 3 min to this pax. I wait a few minutes, and cancelled. Guy comes running to my car, as I’m leaving. I told him I cancelled because he wasn’t out there.

He shouts, “You have to wait. It hasn’t even been 2 minutes”. I tell him, no, Sir I don’t have to wait, and I waited several minutes. You weren’t out here, so you can wait for the next driver.

This morning I had several pax who decided their time was more valuable than mine. For all of you who wait for pennies, great for you. I won’t wait, especially when I have a chance to get another ping right away.

I’m thankful for the pax who are outside, when I arrive.

Fat Man

I was sent 3 min to this pax. I wait a few minutes, and cancelled. Guy comes running to my car, as I’m leaving. I told him I cancelled because he wasn’t out there.

He shouts, “You have to wait. It hasn’t even been 2 minutes”. I tell him, no, Sir I don’t have to wait, and I waited several minutes. You weren’t out here, so you can wait for the next driver.

This morning I had several pax who decided their time was more valuable than mine. For all of you who wait for pennies, great for you. I won’t wait, especially when I have a chance to get another ping right away.

My biggest pet peeve is the slow/late pax! I get really irritated if they are not out by the time they start charging for wait time! I cancel right at the moment I can and get the fee! I don't care if they are banging on my window! They want to be respected when they don't respect my time! Passengers feel like your their slave and they can stroll out and treat you like shit! Not in my car!

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My biggest pet peeve is the slow/late pax! I get really irritated if they are not out by the time they start charging for wait time! I cancel right at the moment I can and get the fee! I don't care if they are banging on my window! They want to be respected when they don't respect my time! Passengers feel like your their slave and they can stroll out and treat you like shit! Not in my car!
It’s my biggest pet peeve as well. It’s always the same ones who are never ready.
Post automatically merged:

I wait the 5 minutes. It’s not a big deal for me.
And if they come after the five minutes running, I don’t say “I canceled”, I say “Uber cancels after 5 minutes of wait”, that way is not me.
5 minutes 10 times a day is 50 minutes, not including my drive time.

If someone is going farther, I’ll wait. But for short trips, not a chance.

wallae

Last weekend I went to an expensive home for a person with a weird name and so so rating.
Through the window he held up 1 finger. He kept looking every few minutes and when my clock was 3:01 I was gone. .

Looked up his weird name. Saw his face. Doctor
1st time I ever made a doctor pay for my wait time :laugh: :laugh:

welikecamping

I wait the five minutes. If the timer goes past two minutes, and the pax is getting charged, I will still take the ride, but I will one-star them. Other than a passenger being a PITA, this too will win you the coveted one-star. If the 5 minutes expires, I cancel and collect, and honestly, at 4:30, my finger is twitching on the trigger.

tohunt4me

DEACTIVATION COMING IN 3 . . .2 . . .

wallae

not sure what she is thinking, but drivers are paid to wait, so it's kind of expected.
First 2 are free. 3 Barely Paid.
That’s it. That’s the rules
Post automatically merged:

.15 cents a minute isn’t worth the wait. It’s an insult. It’s expected that you are ready, when you order your ride.
I get 9 cents. 5.40 an hour.
I will wait 5 minutes at that rate. That’s it.

Funky Monkey

I agree and have done this as well. Sometimes I have to remind myself that pax requested probably assuming at least 5 minutes and isn't expecting a driver in less than 1. That keeps me from acting too rashly. Otherwise, cancel away