• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No show

Quick question on a rider no show. Got a ping to home. When I get to the home I wait about a minute, and send text letting the rider know I have arrived. She responds asking me to give her 5 minutes. I reply yes. After 10 minutes I send text letting her know I will need to cancel trip, and for her to request another ride when she's ready. I cancel on the app noting a rider no show. My question is do I need to do anything else as far as Uber is concerned? I did get paid the cancellation fee.

Fuzzyelvis

Quick question on a rider no show. Got a ping to home. When I get to the home I wait about a minute, and send text letting the rider know I have arrived. She responds asking me to give her 5 minutes. I reply yes. After 10 minutes I send text letting her know I will need to cancel trip, and for her to request another ride when she's ready. I cancel on the app noting a rider no show. My question is do I need to do anything else as far as Uber is concerned? I did get paid the cancellation fee.
No. Next time don't wait so long would be my advice.

limepro

If they reply or reach out I will give them a little extra time, of I text or call and get no reply 5 minutes is it.

Renaldow

Yeah, you did way too much. The app tells them when you've arrived -- no need to do it yourself. That opens up doors for the pax to ask you to wait (as happened here). You are not obligated to spend that much time or effort. Show up at the pin, wait for 5 and do as you think fit.

RainbowPlate

I have an egg timer that I start a few moments after I hit "Arrived" etc.

After the 5 minutes (or 3) is up, the rider is a no-show.

With Uber, I make no effort to contact. With Lyft, I dial the number (as required) and hang up before it can go through.

It is not part of my job description to educate morons. Figure out the app and the rules, or stay home and play Words With Friends.

Uber-Doober

I have an egg timer that I start a few moments after I hit "Arrived" etc.

After the 5 minutes (or 3) is up, the rider is a no-show.

With Uber, I make no effort to contact. With Lyft, I dial the number (as required) and hang up before it can go through.

It is not part of my job description to educate morons. Figure out the app and the rules, or stay home and play Words With Friends.
^^^
Ahhhh, yes... The poached passenger.
Sounds like an old Perry Mason TV episode... 'The Case of The Poached Passenger'.