• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No protection from cancelled rides rating you down

AmbiguousAnt

I got a one star rating (my first) after I was not able to pick up a pax yesterday because they were not at the location and were waiving to me from a place that was unreachable across Kapiolani Blvd during rush hour. I had to cancel the ride and later I found that I had my first one star rating. I called Uber "support" today and the drone on the phone let me know that there is nothing that can be done and that yes, cancelled rides are indeed allowed to rate the driver. I am furious because we are always receiving messages and emails from Uber telling us that they "have our backs" and will ensure that we only receive ratings from actual rides for which we were able to pick up the pax.

Alan Tirado

I got a one star rating (my first) after I was not able to pick up a pax yesterday because they were not at the location and were waiving to me from a place that was unreachable across Kapiolani Blvd during rush hour. I had to cancel the ride and later I found that I had my first one star rating. I called Uber "support" today and the drone on the phone let me know that there is nothing that can be done and that yes, cancelled rides are indeed allowed to rate the driver. I am furious because we are always receiving messages and emails from Uber telling us that they "have our backs" and will ensure that we only receive ratings from actual rides for which we were able to pick up the pax.
Cancelled rides can’t rate you!!

Alan Tirado

You can’t!! It’s in their website!! Whatever uber support tells you, you do the opposite!! How do you know it was them? Uber will never told you who did it and anyone could of rated you down even if it was the best ride ever!!

AmbiguousAnt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could be right. I do know that Uber “support” doesn’t know what they’re talking about on any topic. I guess it was one of the other rides. So confusing and depressing tho because my car is pristine and I am polite and professional. I had many excellent conversations yesterday and many compliments. Apparently someone was just having a bad day. Must have been one of my $3 rides who is just angry at the world and I just happened to give him a ride from point A to point B. 😟

Alan Tirado

You could be right. I do know that Uber “support” doesn’t know what they’re talking about on any topic. I guess it was one of the other rides. So confusing and depressing tho because my car is pristine and I am polite and professional. I had many excellent conversations yesterday and many compliments. Apparently someone was just having a bad day. Must have been one of my $3 rides who is just angry at the world and I just happened to give him a ride from point A to point B. 😟
I wouldn’t worry about ratings!! 5 star and 4.8 star drivers get paid the same amount!!!

AmbiguousAnt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh!! Yes I think you’re right because I realized after reading through threads here that the one star could have been from any previous rider who had just requested another ride. I guess at that time they are forced to rate the last ride they had. I had this one millennial rider who had no manners so I gave her a one star after I ended the ride. I get the feeling it was her and that she noticed her rating went down and knew it had been from her last ride. The trip had been very short and cheap so either way your theory seems correct .
Post automatically merged:

I have a 4.91 but I should have a 5.0 because my car is always super clean, I am always courteous and I'm a good driver . I have 100+ 5 star rides, one 1 star and one 4 star . It’s really a scam that Uber does not make riders justify giving a driver a rating lower than a 4.

rkozy

Cancelled rides can’t rate you!!
That's right. I've cancelled rides from passengers who called me up before my arrival with a confrontational tone in their voice. Any sign that you're going to be a Diva, and I'm nixing you immediately.

I don't care about getting a one-star rating, because I already have a few of them. I just care about not giving some paxhole the satisfaction of rating me at one star, when it's obvious they are itching for a fight.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn’t worry about ratings!! 5 star and 4.8 star drivers get paid the same amount!!!
Also, the algorithm that everybody is so afraid of doesn't care about your driver rating. If you're closest to a pick-up and are available, you are going to get the ping regardless of rating. I've tested this over a dozen times with passengers who f-ed up a trip where they wanted to stop into a place quickly then return home. I'd stop new ride requests when I dropped them off, waited for them to return to my car, have them order a ride right as I went back online, and every single time, I got their ping...not Mister 5.0 Stars eight blocks away. This method has never failed. The algorithm puts a premium on distance and availability, not whether you have mints and Dasani on ice.

The only thing a lower driver rating MIGHT affect is riders cancelling on you immediately after they see you're en route. If they decide your 4.84 just isn't good enough, they might quickly cancel as to avoid the cancellation fee.

Last edited: