• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No Poo for You!

OC Lady Uber Driver

I was camping at the airport last night because it's a guaranteed ride, right? But it was a brutal wait. And after the first ride, I went and got dinner and headed back to the queue for another ride. Well, 90 minutes later, I have to go to the restroom and I'm gathering up my belongings to go hike it to the potties and wouldn't you know it - I get a PLUS ping. I accept, and start heading for the potties. And then the pax calls me right as I was trying to get into the door. And I was like, "I need to go to the restroom and then I'll pick you up. It will be 10 minutes." He said OK, but after I was done doing the hover and pray move all the ladies have to do because the potties are absolutely disgusting, I check my app and it said he canceled at 4 minutes. ARG! I'm glad he did. No one gets a good rating from an anxious pax. And if your driver needs to poo, LET THEM POO!

UberLaLa

A Plus ride from LAX is worth holding it...imho. Next time, tell passenger the traffic is really bad, but you are closer than most of the drivers. If they don't see your car moving it is because you are 'getting out of the lot' but will be there in 10 min. :wink:

You might have fallen victim to the 'I have to get gas, or fix my flat, or go potty.' line that many cherry pickers give to get passenger to cancel.

ScandaLeX

And this rii here is why I handle my business beforehand.
No pax ever wants to hear you’re 10 min away cause you need to go to the bathroom.

Rammmmin

My experience is not more than 10 ride from lax in general but i tell pax don't believe what app says about wait time, i know short cut, be there 10 minutes earlier than app ETA.

Uber slaves don't understand the concept of humanity or dignity.
Thats not nice. Uber driver working hard to make living and they do not stealing, thats humanity right there regardless how they doing it .

Sluber

Pax: Are you on your way ? I don’t see your car moving

Driver: I will be right there after I take a massive dump in a shitter that would make a Tijuana construction worker puke

Pax : .........:CANCEL
Or....pax: Are you on your way..?
Driver: No I'm hovering in an Andy Gump....be right there.....

DrivingForYou

I was camping at the airport last night because it's a guaranteed ride, right? But it was a brutal wait. And after the first ride, I went and got dinner and headed back to the queue for another ride. Well, 90 minutes later, I have to go to the restroom and I'm gathering up my belongings to go hike it to the potties and wouldn't you know it - I get a PLUS ping. I accept, and start heading for the potties. And then the pax calls me right as I was trying to get into the door. And I was like, "I need to go to the restroom and then I'll pick you up. It will be 10 minutes." He said OK, but after I was done doing the hover and pray move all the ladies have to do because the potties are absolutely disgusting, I check my app and it said he canceled at 4 minutes. ARG! I'm glad he did. No one gets a good rating from an anxious pax. And if your driver needs to poo, LET THEM POO!
the correct answer is always "I'm on my way... Due to terminal traffic I'll be there in xx minutes"

If they ask why your car isn't moving the answer is "that is an estimated location, it isn't a real display of my actual position, and it is often subject to serious lag due to network congestion".

Oh and if they say the look on their google maps and it doesn't say the traffic is whatever , the answer is "you can't judge traffic by Google maps in the terminal because the dual levels confuses the system, and it is never accurate as a result".

lvesq1906

A Plus ride from LAX is worth holding it...imho. Next time, tell passenger the traffic is really bad, but you are closer than most of the drivers. If they don't see your car moving it is because you are 'getting out of the lot' but will be there in 10 min. :wink:

You might have fallen victim to the 'I have to get gas, or fix my flat, or go potty.' line that many cherry pickers give to get passenger to cancel.
Plus ride with no PT is worth holding it?

somedriverguy

What sorcery do you employ to get from the lot to the horseshoe in under ten minutes?

Oh wait, I don't know my Lyft...Plus isn't old name for Premier?
Plus is XL.

OC Lady Uber Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What sorcery do you employ to get from the lot to the horseshoe in under ten minutes?
I drive like a race car driver to stay in front of the parking shuttles and buses on the streets, but in the terminal, I draft off of them. Give them all the room they need. Flash them the peace sign to let them know I see them so they can do their job and so I can do mine. I do not tango with the shuttles in the terminal. No, no, no. Staying in the middle lane also helps.