1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

No pings with new Destination Feature?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by YorkUDriver, Sep 12, 2017.

1. YorkUDriver

YorkUDriver New Member

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else is getting like no pings with the new destination feature. I drive on a very part-time basis, and like to turn on the destination feature on my way home from work. Lately I've been going the whole way from North York where I work, all the way to lakeshore with zero pings. Yesterday I even drove right through surge in rush hour... zero pings.

I drove all the way from etobicoke to cambridge using the destination feature over the weekend.. again, zero pings

I've tried turning the destination feature off and on, seems not to work. I still get pings when I turn off the destination feature, but it's much much less since the last upgrade. I've rebooted my phone, signed out and back in, checked the rider app to make sure I appear online. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue? More destinations defeat the whole purpose if we get no pings.

2. dmoney155

dmoney155 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Works for me... You just happen to get no rides... Got only 1 on way from Brp to Markham with destination on.

3. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue for the last 2 weeks, with a destination set, it guarantees NO ping 90% of the time.

4. Andy911

Andy911 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Best to use it when you are idle,like at home or shopping,not while driving.

Lolinator likes this.
  5. AlexXx

AlexXx Member

Destination feature is b**** man. U wanna go north it takes you to east or south hahahha

6. Jimbo722

Jimbo722 Member

me three.. past two weeks destination set to Richmond Hill from downtown during rush hour surge and I don't receive any ping.

7. Dancarriv

Dancarriv New Member

I use it daily to commute to work.
    I take a couple of extra hours in the day, i.e., I leave home one hour earlier than usual, don't set destination, get a few rides, when I'm about 45 minutes from the start of my actual work day, I turn on the feature, and it gets me to the parking lot near my office no problem.
    I guess it's a matter of luck, but I never have an issue, and I do it daily.

I'm the afternoon is a matter of luck. I set it up to Newmarket and never get anyone going that far, but I get a couple that put me near the DVP usually North York.

8. Jshawkat

Jshawkat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lately same issue

No pings

Today was prime example

9. taco002

taco002 New Member

Same barely any pings to york u from brampton... although it could be im in brampton with 8 ubers on every corner lol

gbaby likes this.
  10. Dewey500

Dewey500 Active Member

I was on young st. And destination to go EAST and my next ping was to HAMILTON... da f*#*!!!!

11. Zokipoki

Zokipoki Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    only Gill002Gill002 knows how to use the destination filter. he studied it for 5 days and it works for him perfectly.

dmoney155 and Harry70 like this.
  12. JUMP

JUMP Active Member

**** it, set destination feature is like going offline mode for me in the pass 2 weeks.

13. shadow4478

shadow4478 Member

It’s deff hit and miss

14. Zee786

Zee786 Well-Known Member

Only God and Gill002Gill002 know ins and outs of destination feature.

Harry70 likes this.
  15. Jimbo722

Jimbo722 Member

Same thing again this morning. Dropped off pax at the airport and set destination to Richmond Hill to my work. I didn't get a single ping for an hour drive back. I would think from airport to Richmond Hill covers large area but I didn't get anything. sight...

16. dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Maybe people were abusing destination, so the mothership decided to cool it down a bit.... also, do some more investigation. Eg, heading home, do not turn on destination and see if you actually get any pings in the direction you are heading. I found lately driving form work without destination that I got 1/5 in the direction i was heading. So easy to conclude that maybe there just wasn't enough riders heading your way, rather than some conspiracy theories.

17. Justubereats

Justubereats Active Member

Were you doing UberEats ? With my UberEats account I never ping for destination feature.

18. dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No uber eats for me.

19. Lolinator

Lolinator Well-Known Member

used more than 8 times,

works all 8 times

20. JanMarkus

JanMarkus Active Member

Used destination feature this morning to go North, it gave me a ride to Downton TO! I was at Wilson! Also, check before you go. At times, the feature is delayed and displays a message "It's time to go." If you don't click OK, then you will not get any ping.