No more unemployment for me!

bethswannns

I will start working in August... Food delivery has more pros than rideshare.

The only thing I liked about rideshare is that you dont have to get off your car, thats about it...

Bostonium

Uber maintains at least two distinct apps.
1. (The one we all know), UberX version that allows for UberEats, as well.
2. The other, less known app, is UberEats-only — which prioritizes delivery calls above UberX drivers.
Also, UberEats-only app offers daily incentives (when there are any) as opposed to twice a week for UberX.
You don't even need a car.
You will still be treated as UberX if you manually select only delivery.

Shmo313

Uber maintains at least two distinct apps.
1. (The one we all know), UberX version that allows for UberEats, as well.
2. The other, less known app, is UberEats-only — which prioritizes delivery calls above UberX drivers.
Also, UberEats-only app offers daily incentives (when there are any) as opposed to twice a week for UberX.
You don't even need a car.
You will still be treated as UberX if you manually select only delivery.
When I select delivery only and turn off uber x, my app acts drastically different. So when you say you will be treated as uberx if you manually select only delivery isnt true. It may be as far as incentives go, but when I turn my app to delivery only, I get significantly more delivery calls then if I had uberx and delivery selected. Also, when I have delivery only selected, I will see the surge that applies to delivery only and not uberx. Like I said, maybe with incentives its different, but I can assure you when I select delivery only, I am treated as a delivery driver and I get non stop calls for delivery vs when I have both selected, I receive barely any, if any at all, deliveries.

bethswannns

Same as China when I visited there, I had to eat at restaurants with a personal rating of 7 or higher. upper middle or higher.. you get like diarrhea or sick when you eat at average or below avg restaurants. Relatively safe country

Many nude massage hotels/parlors. It was nice. lol:biggrin:

BostonTaxiDriver

When I select delivery only and turn off uber x, my app acts drastically different. So when you say you will be treated as uberx if you manually select only delivery isnt true. It may be as far as incentives go, but when I turn my app to delivery only, I get significantly more delivery calls then if I had uberx and delivery selected. Also, when I have delivery only selected, I will see the surge that applies to delivery only and not uberx. Like I said, maybe with incentives its different, but I can assure you when I select delivery only, I am treated as a delivery driver and I get non stop calls for delivery vs when I have both selected, I receive barely any, if any at all, deliveries.
I mentioned in March that when I finally tried UberEats for a week or two (while still using X), just out of curiosity but never actually accepting pings, that i was shocked by how slow Eats was.

But, I also had the UberX option on while using Eats.

Had no idea one is supposed to leave X off if one wishes to get more and consistent Eats orders. Or even better, use the separate Eats app, if I understand correctly? Is there actually an Eats app I wasn't aware of?

As Bostonium seemed to imply, using Eats exclusively can give one incentives perhaps not offered or better than when using X and Eats simultaneously.

So I'm confused.... ideally, do I need to download a separate UberEats app in order to get the preferential and consistent Eats pings -- vs. just using the UberX drivers app and deciding whenever to toggle on the Eats option?

Would a driver need to deactivate the X app in order to use this Eats exclusive app, if it even exists?

And I assume an Eats driver can (still?) do Eats anywhere in America, unlike being unable to drive X in certain markets like Connecticut, NYC and NY State, Burlington, Vermont, and I think all of California and maybe Las Vegas, among several cities?

(Not driving now, off since early April, as I'm accepting unemployment.)

Last edited:

Timlee252525

I mentioned in March that when I finally tried UberEats for a week or two (while still using X), just out of curiosity but never actually accepting pings, that i was shocked by how slow Eats was.

But, I also had the UberX option on while using Eats.

Had no idea one is supposed to leave X off if one wishes to get more and consistent Eats orders. Or even better, use the separate Eats app, if I understand correctly? Is there actually an Eats app I wasn't aware of?

As Bostonium seemed to imply, using Eats exclusively can give one incentives perhaps not offered or better than when using X and Eats simultaneously.

So I'm confused.... ideally, do I need to download a separate UberEats app in order to get the preferential and consistent Eats pings -- vs. just using the UberX drivers app and deciding whenever to toggle on the Eats option?

Would a driver need to deactivate the X app in order to use this Eats exclusive app, if it even exists?

And I assume an Eats driver can (still?) do Eats anywhere in America, unlike being unable to drive X in certain markets like Connecticut, NYC and NY State, Burlington, Vermont, and I think all of California and maybe Las Vegas, among several cities?

(Not driving now, off since early April, as I'm accepting unemployment.)
On uber app turn everything off except uber eat. You will enjoy the nice and quiet Ride of doing uber eat. When I am doing ubereat I kept getting constant orders. I may not going back to uberX again. The only problem is finding a parking spot in the city.

Shmo313

On uber app turn everything off except uber eat. You will enjoy the nice and quiet Ride of doing uber eat. When I am doing ubereat I kept getting constant orders. I may not going back to uberX again. The only problem is finding a parking spot in the city.
Good luck making the same money you are now once all the restaraunts open for dine in eating.

BostonTaxiDriver

Any parking tickets yet?

I imagine instead, one could just drive in Quincy, Arlington, Waltham or a similar paced city, just to get out of the potential craziness of Boston; but a delivery driver in February in Quincy asked me where Crush Pizza in Quincy is. He had to run with the items, almost four minutes, while leaving his car in a handicapped spot with hazards on!

So it's not always easier away from Boston.

Too nerve racking for me. I would find it stressful, whereas I rarely find dealing with pax, and in general X driving, stressful.

bethswannns

communism is an old generation loving system. mostly ruled by 70+ years old and 40-50+ years old are 70% communistic minded.

I don't see how people born after 2020 will stick with communism. When it is time for China to implement a 2050-post born leader, China will not be communistic.

Timlee252525

Any parking tickets yet?

I imagine instead, one could just drive in Quincy, Arlington, Waltham or a similar paced city, just to get out of the potential craziness of Boston; but a delivery driver in February in Quincy asked me where Crush Pizza in Quincy is. He had to run with the items, almost four minutes, while leaving his car in a handicapped spot with hazards on!

So it's not always easier away from Boston.

Too nerve racking for me. I would find it stressful, whereas I rarely find dealing with pax, and in general X driving, stressful.
No parking ticket yet because I only do it 3-4 hourS a week to make around $120 in addition to my PUI.

BostonTaxiDriver

No parking ticket yet because I only do it 3-4 hourS a week to make around $120 in addition to my PUI.
Lots of Eats incentives currently like Bostonium mentioned? Either way, that's a nice payout. Whether one can keep that average hourly payout over full--time hours is disputable, but others I've seen post here seem to confirm it, at least in the current climate

As others hwve mentioned, not sure how much of a drop-off in orders and incentives may occur when restaurants open in full or for outside dining.

Yes, I'm making more on unemployment because I had to pay for a car rental plus didn't gross hourly anywhere as much as other local drivers (plus rarely did more than 25-35 hours weekly due to laziness when my bills and savings shouted for 55 hours weekly.)

ubermaster5000

Lawndale of LA
Nice. I have never been to California but hopefully someday
Post automatically merged:

communism is an old generation loving system. mostly ruled by 70+ years old and 40-50+ years old are 70% communistic minded.

I don't see how people born after 2020 will stick with communism. When it is time for China to implement a 2050-post born leader, China will not be communistic.
Xi Jinping is in power for as long as he wants to be.