• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No more surge?

UStaxman

yep, the multiplier surge is gone, this is the new system, basically uber raked us over the coals, again.
We have been ‘raked’... substantially less money to be made.
I cannot see how we did not lose money.
Uber expects us to drive at 1AM dealing with Fore St ‘shit show’ for $3.00?? Really?? Insulting!!
Average ‘Surge’ last night- when extrapolating the numbers was less than 1.25X.

AntSmasher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed, absolute joke. How many of you are on here as your full time income? I try to hustle on the side for $200/week then stop as means to increase savings...

Frozenhawaiian

Agreed, absolute joke. How many of you are on here as your full time income? I try to hustle on the side for $200/week then stop as means to increase savings...
It’s just a side hustle for me. I really feel bad for the folks who try to rely on it as their full time job.

Donshonda

I would want to shoot myself if I did this full time... this is just a side gig... couple hundred bucks a week to make myself more comfy.

AntSmasher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. How some people are on here for full time income is beyond me. Get a real job and stop reinforcing the bad behaviors of Uber. Just reading these stories of how Uber deactivates people based on complaints is atrocious.

Mainiac1991

New surge is @$$..... for long hauls. For the short up the road fares, its alright, however, hauling a group of college drunks back to USM..... its garbage.