No more Surge bolt on rider app?

UberCadi

Noticed in the last few days there is no indication of Surge for a rider (on iOS app) until they request. Also, there no longer is a prompt when you request warning you of a surge pricing.

Watch out rating and overall Uber satisfaction by riders. Many are going to feel they are being taken advantage of and "a ride that usually cost me $5 cost $15! Oh my god! I will never use Uber again".

To that, I say good deal, and fare well!

I like it this way if this is what all riders see. They won't know it's surge...but downside is 1-star rating. Which I could give a flip. Get more than enough 5's to balance.

Anyone else see this? Android users see this?

Cowboyup

I noticed my trip fares say $0.00 on last two trips. One said cancelled (then why is there a amount showing?). I reported both fares to adjust. Cross fingers.

Uberslaver

I noticed it today too. I had some woman walk up to my car today who couldn't figure out how to request and it still shows you the surge, but not until you are 2 clicks away from requesting. Figure it's just uber trying to sneak surges in. It did actually surge really good today but still nothing compared to how it used to. Hey maybe the bolt needs to be gone so it will surge more, fine with me lol.

Uberslaver

I noticed my trip fares say $0.00 on last two trips. One said cancelled (then why is there a amount showing?). I reported both fares to adjust. Cross fingers.
I'm having that problem too. I figured its just a special free promotion for all riders to increase ap usage!

Fuzzyelvis

Noticed in the last few days there is no indication of Surge for a rider (on iOS app) until they request. Also, there no longer is a prompt when you request warning you of a surge pricing.

Watch out rating and overall Uber satisfaction by riders. Many are going to feel they are being taken advantage of and "a ride that usually cost me $5 cost $15! Oh my god! I will never use Uber again".

To that, I say good deal, and fare well!

I like it this way if this is what all riders see. They won't know it's surge...but downside is 1-star rating. Which I could give a flip. Get more than enough 5's to balance.

Anyone else see this? Android users see this?
My Android shows the surge (at least it did at the 2.2x I checked) once I clicked the "request" banner. It is not showing up until then.

It may not be showing under 2.0x?

UberCadi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My Android shows the surge (at least it did at the 2.2x I checked) once I clicked the "request" banner. It is not showing up until then.

It may not be showing under 2.0x?
Yep. It doesn't show until you tap request. I like it. Lot of people are going to have no idea. I guess Uber must feel enough time has past since the New Years Eve hersey highway cleansing have occurred on riders.

But, it's like the crack dealer you hate the most...they'll be back when they need their fix again. Where else can you get black tie service at the moped price. All hail Uber!

More Cowbell

Surges have nothing to do with driver availability vs rider requests. They're all manufactured. This is a good example.

Adieu

Got two phones, one freshly updated the other not so much....both show same fares (shocking!), but only the old one displays surge with a bolt and offers to notify if fares drop within 30 mins (which it promptly FAILS to do, however)

Fuzzyelvis

Got two phones, one freshly updated the other not so much....both show same fares (shocking!), but only the old one displays surge with a bolt and offers to notify if fares drop within 30 mins (which it promptly FAILS to do, however)
I noticed I no longer see the "fare price good for 11 minutes" or whatever it said note. I think that's an improvement. Makes pax less likely to wait. Saying that was practically begging them to not take the surge.

I saw crazy surging last night, but then it disappeared from the driver app completely a couple of times. Was still on the rider app.

I think Uber surged it yesterday early to get drivers out for 2am. Also to encourage them to work today.

Its possible Uber had to start deactivating those with no sticker but the 2am surge was not that great.

wiingman

I'm getting a little concerned. I had quite a few small surges yesterday, and then a 7.X surge from NRG to the Woodlands at the end of the GnR concert. This was setup to be my best night ever, especially since I live in the Woodlands area and never get pax looking to head that way at the end of the night.

When I went to bed last night, the app only showed fares for the first 4 of my 18 trips for the night, with the others all "processing."

I wake up this morning and every fare has updated except that nice fare from NRG to the Woodlands, which by my math should be $350 or so before Uber takes their cut. Even a short fare I took after that one updated. The fare from NRG shows the distance and time, but the fare estimate field is completely blank. Should I be worried?

Attachments

Caplan121

I'm getting a little concerned. I had quite a few small surges yesterday, and then a 7.X surge from NRG to the Woodlands at the end of the GnR concert. This was setup to be my best night ever, especially since I live in the Woodlands area and never get pax looking to head that way at the end of the night.

When I went to bed last night, the app only showed fares for the first 4 of my 18 trips for the night, with the others all "processing."

I wake up this morning and every fare has updated except that nice fare from NRG to the Woodlands, which by my math should be $350 or so before Uber takes their cut. Even a short fare I took after that one updated. The fare from NRG shows the distance and time, but the fare estimate field is completely blank. Should I be worried?
Check the details and see if there is a trip ID. If you have one you can email support to make sure it will be processed.

UberDriver72

Well well well. So Uber basically hides the surge from riders.... On the very same day we see for the first time in a while surges popping up all over town.
Coincidence? I think not.
Blew up to 8x all over town at around 1:30 - 1:45 am Sat. morning. Any of you guys out driving at that time?