No more Point to Point for TLC cars

No_Username

well I haven't been receiving pings for the past 10 hours, called support and they couldn't help. just went to the Hoboken office and they told me that tlc plated cars can no longer do point to point in nj. we are only going to get requests if it goes back to the 5 boroughs. that means I wont be doing uber Monday-Friday cuz of my other job

as far as lyft, I'm still getting requests in NJ

Jerseyguy72

well I haven't been receiving pings for the past 10 hours, called support and they couldn't help. just went to the Hoboken office and they told me that tlc plated cars can no longer do point to point in nj. we are only going to get requests if it goes back to the 5 boroughs. that means I wont be doing uber Monday-Friday cuz of my other job

as far as lyft, I'm still getting requests in NJ
This is great news! Well i guess not so much for you but if i cant do p2p in ny you shouldn't be able to in nj.
You guys have been invading our space for way too long. Thank you uber!

Lightning1181

They have this implemented in NYC burbs.

It was matter of time.
Even tighter control in the NY burbs. There you must hold a valid NYS D/L to drive as a regular X driver as required by NYS. They also figured a way for the TLC's to not be able to solicit rides in the burbs as well. So, to say it is not a far cry for this poster to be telling the truth is fine by me. I also don't think that he would be trolling, as he said he is a long time member here, though his screen name is vague (as are all of ours)

ibeam23

And this is where it is revealed that this is nothing but a lot of BS.

As much as we all want it to be true, if you put on a destination filter, your car disappears from the passenger app.
I checked the NYC forum and no posts about it. I call shenanigans!

Undermensch

I can tell you all that I see information in the protocol that at least somewhat supports No_Username 's claim. There is a new ride class for "UberX to NYC" that was not there before last night. Granted... that doesn't mean that NJ drivers are NOT allowed to take people to NYC and it also doesn't mean that TLC plates are NOT allowed to do point to point in NJ... but the coincidence of these developments could indicate that point to point for TLC in NJ has indeed been banned and that the new ride class is used to limit them down to only offering those ride types.

The thing I don't get is there is no similar class for XL to NYC, Black to NYC, or SUV to NYC... man it would be sweet revenge if they only truly allowed them to do X back to NYC!

pvtandrewmalone

Anybody else see the "UberX to NYC" filter? Do you have to be inside a certain geofence for that to show up? I'm in Princeton right now and not seeing it.

As a Jersey driver, I'd love to have that as an option.

I travel into NYC several times a month for my other job. Sometimes I'm cruising in Hoboken with destination filter set to NYC and still getting local intra Hudson County trips, when all I want is a trip through tunnel with a passenger paying me $20 for the toll instead of shelling out of pocket for it.

Last edited:

No_Username

this is what I was told in Hoboken this afternoon. I'm not here to troll or make up stories. I was online for hours without a ping so I went to the office to make sure my account was ok and they told me that I was in good standing and that the tlc no loner allows point to point in NJ. I had the app on today for almost 2 hours and not one request. I was in Newark, Hoboken, JC and harrsion and got nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 105

pvtandrewmalone

No_Username. Appreciate you sharing.

Can anybody confirm the existence of an "UberX to NYC" ride class? If this is true, this will be great for my morning routine of Princeton --> EWR --> NYC.

Last edited:

SuzeCB

this is what I was told in Hoboken this afternoon. I'm not here to troll or make up stories. I was online for hours without a ping so I went to the office to make sure my account was ok and they told me that I was in good standing and that the tlc no loner allows point to point in NJ. I had the app on today for almost 2 hours and not one request. I was in Newark, Hoboken, JC and harrsion and got nothing.
If I'm mistaken, I apologize. I wonder why they would have the appearance in the pax app work the opposite, though.