• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No more long trip notifications

SubaruLegacy

It's not back in South Florida. It's been gone for months, and I doubt it's ever coming back. The problem here, especially if you drive nights, is that most directions 45+minutes is going to take you to an area where you'll get ZERO return pings. So you are almost guaranteed to at best break even, but when you add in paying all the return tolls, you end up losing money. My guess is nobody was taking the 45+min rides, so that got rid of the warning. Here's an idea, for the destinations in terrible areas, add on a return fee, that at a minimum covers the return tolls, and maybe a driver won't hate taking them.

millie

I'm in SWFL and it is not back as of a few days ago. I can't tell you as of today because I have had to virtually stop driving Lyft because of this. My market, long trips are usually from an hour to hour and a half one way. With the notification, I was able to take them more often than not. Problem is, I'm usually only able to drive in 3-5 hour shifts. Meaning ... I have to be somewhere. If I'm two hours away from a committed appointment, I still have a lot of driveable time remaining, but if I get an unknown 1.5 hour (3 hour RT), I'm screwed.

Lately, I've just been running Lyft the first hour or two of my day when I know I can handle a long trip. It's a shame too, because in my market, my Lyft earnings have steadily been surpassing the other.

I know...we can always say it is too far and we we can't do it once we arrive, but I don't like doing that. I don't want to waste my time driving there and I also think it is crappy to do to a PAX who is planning on catching a flight and then they have to wait on another driver.

Funny...I remember when they rolled out the 45+ notification, they were bragging about how it was a great new feature for drivers. Wish they'd bring it back everywhere!

FLKeys

The more people that complain to Lyft about not having the feature the better chance one complaint might get to the right person instead of being ignored.

Lordridley

Okay, I might’ve figured out a trick to see if it’s a long ride.

I turned my Lyft app on and then switched to another app with Lyft running in the background.

I got a notification pop up that said...Louisa 45 + minutes.

When I switched over to the Lyft app, it had a ride request for Louisa...but no long trip warning.

So if you’re worried about getting a long trip, just have the Lyft app on, but switch over to another app.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.
Is your phone an android or iOS?

xRacerX

Wow! That is so shitty!

It’s too bad for the passengers because I’m just going to have cancel all those rides and tell Lyft that they were underage passengers.

And ask for a cancellation fee.

If Lyft is going to be shitty...then I guess I’ll be shitty too.
Thats what i started doing a while back. Any and every chance i get, i stick it to them either with the duck and no show, or the long haul on every trip possible. I dont even give them the choice (or ask them if its ok). In 2019 you got to watch your back more than ever with these degenerates that are pretending to run some sort of company.

Actually one of my new years resolutions was from 1/1/19 forward, I will match every $1 in tips received from pax with $1 received by no showing a pax. My tip matching program is much more effective than ubers tip matchting tuesdays. sleazy bastards. lol I have attched a thumbnail of every week in 2019 so far and i have pretty much kept my word on my tip matching program. I avg about $50 a week in no shows. Every bit helps in this unstainable industry.

Kodyhead

It's been gone for me for at least a month it seems and it sucks since spring break is coming up.

I also used to leave the Lyft app on a little longer and if a 45+ trip came up I would accept wait a min or 2 to make sure it doesnt get canceled and of it looks kosher I would cancel the uber ride lol

SanFranant

It's been gone for me for at least a month it seems and it sucks since spring break is coming up.

I also used to leave the Lyft app on a little longer and if a 45+ trip came up I would accept wait a min or 2 to make sure it doesnt get canceled and of it looks kosher I would cancel the uber ride lol

I spoke to someone and they said they did a “experiment”. +45 notifications are going away

LAWeasel

I spoke to someone and they said they did a “experiment”. +45 notifications are going away
Well then, so am I. I will not turn on Lyft when I am either desperate for a +45 to get back to my area, or need to avoid one close to the end of a shift.

Screw them. Will be doing more Uber instead.

Kodyhead

This is true as they experimented with raising rates in some markets and the data said the drivers hated it

Gotta love that drivers advisory council

Mmmc

I started experiencing the same issue. No 45 min banner as of Dec 20th. I figured out what the problem was after experimenting. As of the Dec 19, 2018 Lyft app update it no longer appears. I went back to Oct. 2018 version it showed Long trip banner. Unfortunately after 24 hrs Lyft wouldnt let me log onto app unless I updated it to newest version. This seems to be happening with Android phones. I have a Note 8 and I also tried it with Galaxy 6 and another Android no long trip banner. IPhone 5S still showing Long Trips. Going to try tethering an old IPhone to my Galaxy Hot Spot. If it works I can see banner. If I choose to accept I can then turn app on, on my Galaxy and shut it off on IPhone. I can that do trip from Galaxy that has full service as I Phone has no service unless tethered.
I also sent message to Lyft only to get a BS answer that they are protecting riders privacy by not showing destination. Long trip banner never did show destination.

Jbear0000

@@@@ing Lyft, they are dumb asses for removing this. It was 3am the other day and they placed a passenger in my queue which I hate by the way. Anyway, I arrived and they wanted to go over an hour away. I'd gladly take that ride at 8pm, but not at 3am when I'm expecting a short ride from the night club I was picking up from and then heading home. I had to cancel the ride and I get nothing for it since I didn't wait 5 minutes and select no show. This is bad for both the drivers and passengers. I guess I'll just claim they were under age to get my cancellation fee.