No more boost?

Miteats

Hi. In my city, Ubereats consistently offered boost 1.6 to 2.2 during lunch. This morning, all the sudden, it's gone to nothing. The promo page is blank. Uber support and hub center are no use. Can this be a glitch or intentional, I wonder...? Has this happened to anyone?

Adfcalifornian

Most definitely intentional. There are tons of theories as to why they do this. In my area this only lasts for a week or two at a time but I personally end up making about the same ammount of money because I will constantly get minimum gaurenteed money instead of boost. Here in Seattle people just won’t work the low or non existent boost. I would say try it out and see if it’s the same for you. If not go ahead and do what most intelligent drivers do and turn the app off until they make it worth it for you again. If that’s an option for you that is.

Ggehl

No boost or incentive in quad cities area not worth it when most orders are 8-12 miles from restaurants
Post automatically merged:

Also I delivery tonight at 6:30 pm cst no delivery or trips so far at 8 pm cst

Last edited:

Miteats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys... They took away weekly/weekend quest promo, then now boost. It was very slow today. 35 orders for 220 ants!!! I have signed up for Doordash so will try it out. Pay is low but i like the job. Haha.... Be safe out there!

dgates01

Did Postmates as my first trip today. Haven't used them for a few months. There was supposed to be a free delivery promo until midnight, so I thought PM would be hopping. It wasn't. While supposedly during Blitz, I made $3.08 on that first trip. No tip. Kept PM on for an hour, but there was nothing. Even with free delivery, no one wanted to use them. Ouch. Turned UE back on a did a decent run. The pay was low because of the lousy boost, but still slightly better than PM.

What makes it all worse is that gas has gone up a dollar in just a few months. That, plus the 50 cents to a dollar less per trip with decreased boosts, and we're talking about missing a good couple of hundred dollars each month.

Fuzzyelvis

Hi. In my city, Ubereats consistently offered boost 1.6 to 2.2 during lunch. This morning, all the sudden, it's gone to nothing. The promo page is blank. Uber support and hub center are no use. Can this be a glitch or intentional, I wonder...? Has this happened to anyone?
Intentional. The drivers made money, told their friends. They and their friends bought nice new cars to deliver...and now they have to work at the crap base rate to make the payments.

It's called bait and switch.

Have you read any of this forum?

Pmf4

Thanks guys... They took away weekly/weekend quest promo, then now boost. It was very slow today. 35 orders for 220 ants!!! I have signed up for Doordash so will try it out. Pay is low but i like the job. Haha.... Be safe out there!
It just disappeared in Jax today. Same thing no boosts or quests. It just went bye bye.

tsmit44

Did Postmates as my first trip today. Haven't used them for a few months. There was supposed to be a free delivery promo until midnight, so I thought PM would be hopping. It wasn't. While supposedly during Blitz, I made $3.08 on that first trip. No tip. Kept PM on for an hour, but there was nothing. Even with free delivery, no one wanted to use them. Ouch. Turned UE back on a did a decent run. The pay was low because of the lousy boost, but still slightly better than PM.

What makes it all worse is that gas has gone up a dollar in just a few months. That, plus the 50 cents to a dollar less per trip with decreased boosts, and we're talking about missing a good couple of hundred dollars each month.
I started Postmates a couple weeks ago. Got about $5 tip on every order. I hope it continues once this promotion ends. (guaranteed $450 on 1st 50 deliveries) And they say the guarantee doesn't include tips so $9 + $5tip for each order. Sweet.

nouberipo

it is intentional. Lyft needs to make money and it is coming out of your pocket. If you don't like it as people say, quit. Expect more reductions in your income as time progresses. I have driven about three years at this point and right now I can only laugh at the non-surge/non-boost rides people are taking. It is complete madness that here in the US people are driving for third world wages driving around the very people who are investing (e.g. making money from and supporting) in the practice (albeit the hood rats who shouldn't be taking Uber/Lyft because they don't have the money to do so in the first place likely don't even know what investing is so they are exempt from this statement)

DiceyDan

I always write down my customers info that tip (a lot are repeat customers), and those that are problematic...I only take guarantee s and repeat good clients, otherwise, I'm doing doortrash or GrubHub. UberEats has sorta faded from existence..

BjRhodes

I always write down my customers info that tip (a lot are repeat customers), and those that are problematic...I only take guarantee s and repeat good clients, otherwise, I'm doing doortrash or GrubHub. UberEats has sorta faded from existence..
Wait.

Until you actually pick up the order, you have no way to know who its going to. So how can you tell?