No more boost for North New Jersey?

HudsonDriver4Hire

We've only been getting the ones for MetLife Stadium during games/events, but I haven't heard anyone from North Jers mentioning the Hudson County/Newark ones in several weeks/months. I'm guessing they went the way of the dinosaur, and most likely to stop us from going offline so much. Hence why it's only been the 3 consecutive trip promo for us.

UberwhoIaM

I would never drive for any of those consecutive boosts. They send them to me and I just laugh. Those that do are desperate and killing their chances of making better money while uber treats them like an employee making less then min. wage chasing these pennies....

Drivers are staying online excepting crap rides for peanuts which kills surge...

HudsonDriver4Hire

Yeah, consecutive trip boosts again this week, but with some hours being a measly 3.50 boost I might as well just drive whenever again.

I live within the Hudson County geofence but if it's not at least $9, then it's not in my game plan for the night. $3.50 is your lowest for the week? BS Fuber being selective. I'd love to know what the criteria is for deciding who gets the higher/lower rates.

SuzeCB

People don't pick up pool rides for Boost, but they will for the consecutive trip quests. You have to if you want to make the quest.

freeFromUber

We've only been getting the ones for MetLife Stadium during games/events, but I haven't heard anyone from North Jers mentioning the Hudson County/Newark ones in several weeks/months. I'm guessing they went the way of the dinosaur, and most likely to stop us from going offline so much. Hence why it's only been the 3 consecutive trip promo for us.
I still get the Newark/Irvington/ Hudson county boosts...however, the $ amounts have been dropping for the last several weeks to the point where it's not worth chasing now. If it happens by accident, so be it.

Last edited:

SuzeCB

I still get the Newark/Irvington/ Hudson county boosts...however, the $ amounts have been dropping for the last several weeks to the point where it's not worth chasing now. If it happens by accident, so be it.
Boost, or Quest? Two different things. I haven't seen boost in a long time up north.

MaximusMurkimus

Surge is milk carton status up here in North Jersey too, so I have no choice but to do the consecutive trip boost so that I'm not for just base rates.

Seriously, where tf did the surge go

JDubs225

Ok the idea if all the drivers stay offline at the same time will trigger surge guess what wont happen..even if all the drivers in the entire state signed off at the same time it wouldnt trigger surge.

SuzeCB

Ok the idea if all the drivers stay offline at the same time will trigger surge guess what wont happen..even if all the drivers in the entire state signed off at the same time it wouldnt trigger surge.
It might. Probably higher for the passenger than for us, though. I've seen that.

pvtandrewmalone

Consequtive Trip Boost is designed to keep you from driving for Lyft. Miss a ping while on a Lyft call, no Boost.

I've seen it where they control demand by jacking up the price even though there are not that many cars on the road until literally no cars are left, that's when they start passing on the surge to drivers.
I've seen that also.

Last edited:

freeFromUber

Attachments

• IMG_1445.PNG
    IMG_1445.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1446.PNG
    IMG_1446.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1447.PNG
    IMG_1447.PNG