No More 45+ / 60+ at LAX ?

UberLaLa

Got a 92 minute trip last night with zero warning @ LAX. Have had a couple of over 45 minute trips at LAX with no 45+ as well.

Many on here reporting same.

I believe Uber doing this to cut down on drivers waiting for the 'long trip' out of LAX via 45+ / 60+

ADD: I have been getting 45+ / 60+ warnings outside of LAX.

Last edited:

Kay1661

Got a 92 minute trip last night with zero warning @ LAX. Have had a couple of over 45 minute trips at LAX with no 45+ as well.

Many on here reporting same.

I believe Uber doing this to cut down on drivers waiting for the 'long trip' out of LAX via 45+ / 60+
Sounds logical.
In the city I am still getting the 45 minute warning.

UberLaLa

Sounds logical.
In the city I am still getting the 45 minute warning.

Yup...I forgot to put that in...got a 45+ warning on my trip to LAX before getting that 92 minuter without a 60+ warning.

This news should make the duck happy

Actually, this would not be cherry-picking. I think even duck would be fine with drivers waiting for 45+/60+ warnings. So, it looks like the cherry-pickers will just go back to calling passengers and asking for their destinations. Freakin Fuber

SorryBluetoothOnly

Nope...92 minute base ping...now 45+ or 60+ warning...nada, none, zilch.

UberLaLa One observation really means nothing because this happens all the time. The feature is extremely inconsistent - whether that's unintentional or intentional on Uber's part, I have no idea. It seems like we have one of these threads every other day because someone gets a super long ride without a "LONG TRIP" indicator, but they keep on coming anyways.

I got one last night. The indicator might very well be gone as of today, but we need more data points.

It still shows on base pings but doesn't show on surge pings at lax

This is an interesting theory. I must admit, I've only seen them on non-surge rides recently.

Last edited:

UberLaLa

UberLaLa Once observation really means nothing because this happens all the time. The feature is extremely inconsistent - whether that's unintentional or intentional on Uber's part, I have no idea. It seems like we have one of these threads every other day because someone gets a super long ride without a "LONG TRIP" indicator, but they keep on coming anyways.

I got one last night. The indicator might very well be gone as of today, but we need more data points.

This is an interesting theory. I must admit, I've only seen them on non-surge rides recently.

I've had 3 no warning long trips out of LAX in past few days...but I hear ya, needs more time and data. [ Notice change to thread Title ]