No mask pax started 2 vandalized car and racial remarks $4,000 damage. Lyft refuses to give up pax info or pay 4 damages

Sold My Soul For Stars

They'll send it over to their insurance company for amounts higher than 250. Who will cover it but will also charge you the deductible. You can file a small claims case and list the defendant as Jane Doe. Then subpoena Lyft in the court case in order to get the passenger's name and contact info Carrie once you get that you can go back and change the defendant's name to the proper name

TheDevilisaParttimer

Let me call some backup who are familiar with these waters or general legal process @ColtDelta @SuzeCB @Another Uber Driver @Disgusted Driver @Jon Stoppable

Also this thread is worth a read

New2This

Fat chance getting any $$ from lyft 4 damages . so full of shit
Blast the shit out of this incident on social media and news.

Lyft pretends to be Woke. Right now the news is playing up Coronavirus and racial unrest. You have a twofer. Make Lyft look like the piece of shit two-faced company they are.

You do it right and you'll get your car fixed and some hush money as well.

SuzeCB

OP says she cancelled because the pax was so drunk they couldn't walk, but doesn't mention if there was a dog there or not...

If there was a dog there, the pax MAY not have been drunk at all. They could have had CP.

Just sayin'.

Uber settled an ADA case over service animals wherein they agreed to notify drivers periodically about SAs, and also where they would deactivate drivers with multiple "plausible" complaints.

This was not the only person that said this about you.

Ok, so let's go with drunk...

Dash cam?

Dash cam can save you, but you may have to wait until the GLH opens again.

It would also be helpful if you decide to sue the pax for slander and defamation of character (in small claims court -- no attorney needed). You would be seeking lost earnings and enough punitive damages to bring the amount to the max allowed in SC court.

You sue "John/Jane Doe, a Would-Have-Been Passenger in my Car While Driving for Uber, Actual Identity to be Revealed in Discovery"

You outline in the complaint that Uber has all the pax info. Once the suit is filed, you can Subpoena Uber for all the info it has on the account holder for Trip ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. When they provide it, you amend the S&C and serve the AH.

New2This

OP says she cancelled because the pax was so drunk they couldn't walk, but doesn't mention if there was a dog there or not...

If there was a dog there, the pax MAY not have been drunk at all. They could have had CP.
Not arguing with you here but I didn't see that. Frankly the thread title had more info than her post. All I see is this, which is lacking details:

Fat chance getting any $$ from lyft 4 damages . so full of shit

SuzeCB

Not arguing with you here but I didn't see that. Frankly the thread title had more info than her post. All I see is this, which is lacking details:
This is what happens when trying to enjoy this forum when the whole family is home... should have posted to a different thread. LMFAO

Gone_in_60_seconds

Omg thanks guys !!!
I would really appreciate it @thedevil/soldmysoul
Good luck getting any money. I know if it was Uber, you would be SOL for sure. Hopefully, Lyft has a more driver friendly perspective and goes to bat for the driver. The deductible is like $1000 for Lyft's insurance policy. Pax need to be charged to be taught a lesson

z_z_z_

Hi "Lady Stalker",

While based on your username I am sure you are a fine member of society, if you are unable to prevent unidentified passengers from causing $4000 in damage to your vehicle you may want to consider another line of work. While we understand the passengers did not have masks and you possibly tried to refuse them service, typically people do not cause $4000 in damage to a vehicle without being provoked in an aggressive manner. Please reconsider your life choices and until then enjoy delivering Big Macs for Grubhub.

Best,
Lyft Support Team

LyftUberFuwabolewa

Were the passengers miners with pick axes and shovels? How did someone do $4000 worth of damage before you could drive away? Sounds pretty fishy.