No Mask Fare Adjustment

tryingforthat5star

I took a break from picking up PAX since March so I decided to start doing a few passenger pickups in the past week so I get one last night no mask so I used the no mask option to cancel. Get home later last night and we got fare adjustment for the no mask cancel lol. I’m lol because of how idiotic this company is trying to preach to its drivers about safety then turn around hand it back to a customer after PAX gets into the car without one on. Anyone else run into this happening? I’m not surprised the least bit though with Uber another trick up there sleeve.

Daisey77

Did you wait out the full 5 minutes? Either way, I would contest it. It's probably just an automated thing like no-shows and cancels when passengers contest those.

Areyousure

I have not driven passengers since the pandemic started and curious how this works. You have to shuffle them to get paid for the maskless? If it’s policy there should be a no mask button and fee. Then the issue becomes the burden of proof.

Disgusted Driver

You have a choice on uber. You can either wait out the 5 minutes and then cancel for no mask or you can take a screen shot, cancel for no mask. Get nothing and have trip not show up, contact support and go through 15 minutes of stupidity with them and get $5.

tryingforthat5star

I guess they have til the end of the 5 minutes to run inside and get a mask before you can cancel for pay?

Thats actually what happened waited 3 min came out no mask said go get one waited another 3 min taken forever to grab one as if the PAX never wore one lately around the area so after 6 min I hit cancel no mask and drove off.

SuzeCB

Why one still needs to wait 5 minutes for no mask is a mystery. Uber can't fix the code? No mask, not producing one, cancel & go. Frak waiting.
Same reason you need to wait the 5 for unaccompanied minor or no car seat...

You can call/email and get your fee, but you'll spend more than 5 minutes to do so, so just wait the 5.

Yes, a TECHNOLOGY company could, and should, fix this, but I don't suggest anyone hold their breath waiting for that to happen. 🙄

SHalester

Like when a passenger calls and says sorry I'm already on my way home in another Uber! Ugh
...but if that is after 2 minutes from the acceptance as an Uber driver one would get paid a cancel fee, yes? It's the under 2 minutes cancels that blow sewer water. More so if it was the first ping of the day and that got you out of the house/garage only to hear the BOING cancel sound and no pay.
I learned my lesson and no longer 'rush' out of the house.

Daisey77

...but if that is after 2 minutes from the acceptance as an Uber driver one would get paid a cancel fee, yes? It's the under 2 minutes cancels that blow sewer water. More so if it was the first ping of the day and that got you out of the house/garage only to hear the BOING cancel sound and no pay.
I learned my lesson and no longer 'rush' out of the house.

Under 2 minutes doesn't even bother me that much. It's more so showing up to pick up the passenger and having to wait out the 5 minutes to get paid because they're being @@@@@@@@ and won't cancel yet have already informed you they're on their way home in another Uber. Especially at bar close when it's surging and opportunity is all around you🤬

SHalester

Under 2 minutes doesn't even bother me that much
...does for me if I was waiting at home or parked someplace. Now if I arrive at the curb and have to wait, no big deal. As long as I get some kind of communication at the 2 minute mark (I initiate) I'll wait. I don't chase cancel fees as that fee will always be less than the actual ride fare in my market and location.
that's during the day. NO way, Jose to driving after dark.

Ziggywaz

Why one still needs to wait 5 minutes for no mask is a mystery. Uber can't fix the code? No mask, not producing one, cancel & go. Frak waiting.
The fact that people think they can get in my car without a mask really pisses me off. I keep masks in my glove box, and will give them one, but trust me they know I'm not happy.