• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No good deed goes...

WillyG

Moving in on 6000 rides with UBER and 500 with LYFT. 4.95 and 4.98 ratings respectively (relevant only to th end of the story). Last night picked up a semi-coherent young lady at Apt complex at 3210 E 55th around 1:30AM. Commented on the number of cats frolicking in the vacant lot across the street. She indicated she wanted a cat for a pet. I agreed they were good low maintenance companion animals. She complained of having to go to work at 5AM and general lack of sleep and lifestyle satisfaction because of work schedule. I commiserated and turned up the music slightly. She calls a male friend and converses until ride ending on Walford Court in Warrensville Heights.

Getting to 480 East I set the Cruise to 63 MPH and settle into the speed lane. Soon life gets a little too interesting. About 2 miles from the 480/271 split I see headlights in front of me in-my-lane. That's right, I said headlights...and their moving at speed. After quickly reviewing every regret and joyful event in my rather long life, I manage to swerve right and back left avoiding both head on and side to side death and destruction. Wrong Way Wacko hurtles by at speed without so much as a ripple in his flight path and continues westbound towards inevitable mayhem. PAX comments to her male friend on her near death at the hands of the devil who's been her constant companion all day (really, she did say that). As she's getting out of the car, I hear her chuckling to her friend saying something about a full refund. I complete the trip, waiting as I always do to see her get safely through the seemingly complex locking system on her building and safely inside (Yes, I'm old, a father, and I like to know their safe).

Imagine my surprise this morning, waking not to an appreciative comment about saving her life and getting her home safely from a self described "CrapDay", but to a notification from Chad at Uber that a passenger complained they were uncomfortable with my speed (63 on 480???) and inappropriate comments I made during the trip. I'm 66 years old married for 46 of those years and have never said anything remotely inappropriate to a PAX while driving rideshare or otherwise (OK...that one time I told my wife she smelled nice, but she slapped me and set me straight immediately).

I checked the App and, not to my surprise, "sleepy CatLady" had scammed UBER out of the $15+ fare for the ride left me feeling used, abused and, somehow, slightly amused. The level of mendacity and audacity you see doing this job sometimes truly astounds. Oh, and she didn't tip in the App either...

Michael - Cleveland

Moving in on 6000 rides with UBER and 500 with LYFT. 4.95 and 4.98 ratings respectively (relevant only to th end of the story). Last night picked up a semi-coherent young lady at Apt complex at 3210 E 55th around 1:30AM. Commented on the number of cats frolicking in the vacant lot across the street. She indicated she wanted a cat for a pet. I agreed they were good low maintenance companion animals. She complained of having to go to work at 5AM and general lack of sleep and lifestyle satisfaction because of work schedule. I commiserated and turned up the music slightly. She calls a male friend and converses until ride ending on Walford Court in Warrensville Heights.

Getting to 480 East I set the Cruise to 63 MPH and settle into the speed lane. Soon life gets a little too interesting. About 2 miles from the 480/271 split I see headlights in front of me in-my-lane. That's right, I said headlights...and their moving at speed. After quickly reviewing every regret and joyful event in my rather long life, I manage to swerve right and back left avoiding both head on and side to side death and destruction. Wrong Way Wacko hurtles by at speed without so much as a ripple in his flight path and continues westbound towards inevitable mayhem. PAX comments to her male friend on her near death at the hands of the devil who's been her constant companion all day (really, she did say that). As she's getting out of the car, I hear her chuckling to her friend saying something about a full refund. I complete the trip, waiting as I always do to see her get safely through the seemingly complex locking system on her building and safely inside (Yes, I'm old, a father, and I like to know their safe).

Imagine my surprise this morning, waking not to an appreciative comment about saving her life and getting her home safely from a self described "CrapDay", but to a notification from Chad at Uber that a passenger complained they were uncomfortable with my speed (63 on 480???) and inappropriate comments I made during the trip. I'm 66 years old married for 46 of those years and have never said anything remotely inappropriate to a PAX while driving rideshare or otherwise (OK...that one time I told my wife she smelled nice, but she slapped me and set me straight immediately).

I checked the App and, not to my surprise, "sleepy CatLady" had scammed UBER out of the $15+ fare for the ride left me feeling used, abused and, somehow, slightly amused. The level of mendacity and audacity you see doing this job sometimes truly astounds. Oh, and she didn't tip in the App either...
You have the same number of rides in the same area as I do. So to me, that means you know full well that when you hear somebody mumble something about a full refund, the first thing you do is rate the customer a one-star and shoot off an email to Uber recounting her comment! In any case, BTDT

WillyG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have the same number of rides in the same area as I do. So to me, that means you know full well that when you hear somebody mumble something about a full refund, the first thing you do is rate the customer a one-star and shoot off an email to Uber recounting her comment! In any case, BTDT
Tru 'Dat Yoda. I think the shock hadn't worn off until the morning after, when I did report it to the Mothership and received a heartfelt auto response from "Robo" Joe praising my honesty and integrity and promising a full investigation (gasping sound of me holding my breath).