No front seat pax b.s.; Uber needs to step up.

dmoney155

Once again I explained to a group of 4 that UberX is 3 pax, none in front. They argued, it was a 25 minute trip to a winery, so I acquiesced and moved my stuff. Big mistake; I got down voted, obviously for p.i.s.s.ing them off in the first place.

So drivers have been put in this ridiculous predicament; if you refuse, you lose rides. If you protest or explain and then do it anyway, they are now potentially mad. So either you just never say a word and take 4 like before; or you flat out refuse. Pax have obviously figured out that they just need to act surprised and you'll take 4.

Tired of this. Uber needs to step up.
Totally your fault dude for being greedy.... as if cancel fee isn't enough for you.
Furthermore, 0 customer service skills... pick a side and stick to it... how do you figure it would go once you piss someone off and then change your mind anyway. If it was me I would've reported you for drinking at that winery for shitz and gigglez. Either take the ride if you think it is worth breaking rules for, or don't. It's that simple. Stop blaming uber for everything.

hooj

Once again I explained to a group of 4 that UberX is 3 pax, none in front. They argued, it was a 25 minute trip to a winery, so I acquiesced and moved my stuff. Big mistake; I got down voted, obviously for p.i.s.s.ing them off in the first place.

So drivers have been put in this ridiculous predicament; if you refuse, you lose rides. If you protest or explain and then do it anyway, they are now potentially mad. So either you just never say a word and take 4 like before; or you flat out refuse. Pax have obviously figured out that they just need to act surprised and you'll take 4.

Flat out refuse like a true IC.
Or take the ride like an ant.

Those are pretty much your choices. If you got downrated then you didn’t message UBER asap once they got out of the car to complain and submit a report on them.

If you’re truest worried about a downgrade maybe this is not for you?

Big Lou

Why would you accept a person in your front seat at a time like this? Are you that hungry?
If they don't like it and you know they know what the rules are, why would you accommodate stupity.

Do it for your family if for no other reason, unless you're untouchable like that bloated Orange Buffon we have in the WH. Then when you go down with the Tumptanic, don't complain.

RideShare_Hustler

Why would you accept a person in your front seat at a time like this? Are you that hungry?
If they don't like it and you know they know what the rules are, why would you accommodate stupity.

Do it for your family if for no other reason, unless you're untouchable like that bloated Orange Buffon we have in the WH. Then when you go down with the Tumptanic, don't complain.

Monkeyman4394

Well actually $30, not quite as pathetic.
Post automatically merged:

Not a "scene" at all, just a short conversation. And for all I know, I got down voted by the front seat pax for looking at my phone during the trip, which was right next to her leg. (I keep my phone stuck in my cupholder.) Maybe I need to start warning them; "Ok, you can sit in front, but when I look down at my phone, please understand that I am indeed looking at my phone and not your legs."
Maybe she was annoyed that you were obviously not looking at her legs.

DudeUbering

Lol . My car my rules . Its the # 2 rule of being a driver .
Show up . More then 1 pax with uber X nope . wait click to many passengers collect your fee move on .
I stopped accepting more then 1 male passenger for safety concerns . With female 2 is the max unless there cheerleaders we can fill the car up plus 3 or 4 more if required ! . I just do not like taking 3 ladies it becomes a game for them.
They ask the driver stupid questions and so on.
WTF? I can understand the two dude thing, damn I'm glad I'm not a chick, but I do understand the concern. But limiting females and whom ever else??? Have you been warned by UBER yet? Wait, you are a chick, right?

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

They argued..................so I acquiesced and moved my stuff. Big mistake; I got down voted, obviously for p.i.s.s.ing them off in the first place.

Yes, this is why they downrated you. If you get into a disagreement with the customer before you move a wheel, DO NOT HAUL THAT CUSTOMER/THOSE CUSTOMERS. Once you have soured the atmosphere, you can do ZERO to fix it. If you try to accommodate the customer, he will become only more demanding. The one exception to this might be in the case of a fake service animal. Even if you ask the questions that the ADA permits, you have soured the atmosphere and the user will downrate you. He might even complain. If you do the transport, though, you are less likely to be de-activated. You will be waitlisted then get a strike against your account for asking the questions that the law permits, but, that is not de-activation.

This is on you. They are told, some don't care, some just never bother reading the info uber gives them and don't know and some forget. Regardless, you told them no then allowed it anyway.

.......precisely; Original Poster bought that one. You must stick to your proverbial guns in this business. If you say "no", it is "no". You can change your mind if the customer waves enough money in your face, but those who are hip enough to do that rarely report you. I had a customer who was going from Capitol Hill to Dulles Airport in Rush Hour. That can be almost a one hour trip, although once you actually get across the River, it is easy. The hard part is actually getting across the River. This guy threw a twenty dollar bill on the front seat and asked me if he could smoke. I let him. I told him to open the window, blow the smoke out it, flick his ashes out it and throw out the butt. He was glad to do it. I sprayed the de-odoriser when he got out and told the next few customers that someone had put out a cigaret right before he boarded and dragged in the smell with him. They bought it.

"They other guy didnt have a problem"

.......again, that Mtyhical All The Other Uber Drivers of legend, song and story...............I would like to meet that guy, whoever he is, and hip him to a few things...................

Cancel on them FIRST, as fast as you can. Don't clue them in, don't even start a conversation when 4 people walk up to the car.

Shuffle if you can, but, if you can not, cancel "too many riders". Do not argue, do not remind them. Pull away from the address. Hide around the corner and shuffle if you can. If not, simply cancel "too many riders".

Cdub2k

This is no different than a group of 5 trying to squeeze in your car because the previous Uber let them do it. You tell them that you cant allow it and they say no problem and leave one behind to catch another Uber. And the group you take gives you a 1 star.

or you can substitute that situation to the more common situation which is asking a group of people to finish their alcoholic beverages before getting in your car and they 1 star you for making them do that.

Pretty much whenever you tell an entitled POS no they will retaliate. I suggest you get into the habit of simply cancelling the ride once they try to do illegal stuff in your car or in this case fitting a 4th passenger in the car during this pandemic. Otherwise you will get bad ratings.

Cvillegordo

It's an insurance reason at this point. Go ahead take um.... Get in an accident and your screwed! Serves you right.

Modern day solution... Get your own insurance!

My own insurance? Screwed? One of us is confused, and it's not me. I carry State Farm commercial. Uber's insurance, plus the optional Uber insurance, are add ons. There are no "back seat passengers only" restrictions on any of my policies. The Uber insurance might not pay off for an injured front seat pax assuming there is a line buried somewhere in the policy about abiding by all Uber policies and guidelines, but I haven't seen that anywhere, and the Uber insurance is just a bonus anyway.

kingcorey321

WTF? I can understand the two dude thing, damn I'm glad I'm not a chick, but I do understand the concern. But limiting females and whom ever else??? Have you been warned by UBER yet? Wait, you are a chick, right?
I can refuse more then 1 passenger any time i want . I get paid a min rate . My car my rules . I have about 6000 or 7000
im not sure how many rides in total. You can do whatever you want continue to pick up two people they have more control over you.
I used to repo cars for a living for 5 years I have seen everything . You could miss a turn and the pax could start crap and a fight .
You cant control two people at once there strangers . Its not safe .

Samman

No good deed goes unpunished

pax convo as they drinking they $50 bottle of Red shit....
”can you believe that uber driver and his white privilege”

“totally!!! so 1star-ing him... I mean look at us, we totally hot”

“Totally, 4er sure”
Post automatically merged:

JPaiva

4, 6, hell pack a few more in the trunk? And speed all the way there taking a random route that backtracks repeatedly only to find yourself allowing an unexpected stop to pickup a 100 piece order from wingstop...and then another for a couple slurpees at 7-11...And gotta stop by the crack house, it'll just be a minute........Or be a responsible driver and shut it down at the onset. Ride canceled, too many people. Go sit around the corner and when they try again and you get the ping go back and explain again, shuffle and collect. You may get 4 or 5 lesson fees from the pax, and you only drove around the block a few times.

W00dbutcher

CT
My own insurance? Screwed? One of us is confused, and it's not me. I carry State Farm commercial. Uber's insurance, plus the optional Uber insurance, are add ons. There are no "back seat passengers only" restrictions on any of my policies. The Uber insurance might not pay off for an injured front seat pax assuming there is a line buried somewhere in the policy about abiding by all Uber policies and guidelines, but I haven't seen that anywhere, and the Uber insurance is just a bonus anyway.
Ya it's you.

Uber won't cover 4 in a 3 party car. So it's on the driver. Hence your screwed cause most personal insurance won't cover rideshare without additional coverage.

like both of us with commercial insurance that covers all while in transit.

dauction

Not sure what you mean by "Uber needs to step up". the Pax app clearly stats 3 people.

Just say no and move on to the next ride

Volvonaut

I’m going to tell you a secret and I don’t care what you think of me. I don’t care about the front seat rule. Like at all! When I see them eyeing the front seat all unsure, I hold out my hand flat and make a big ‘come on’ motion. This rarely fails to get a big stupid grin, it’s great for business.

Cvillegordo

CT
Ya it's you.

Uber won't cover 4 in a 3 party car. So it's on the driver. Hence your screwed cause most personal insurance won't cover rideshare without additional coverage.

like both of us with commercial insurance that covers all while in transit.
Have you, or anyone found a source anywhere that states Uber will not cover 4? I believe it may be true, but I don't see that in writing anywhere. Regarding my personal insurance, you're still very confused. It is not in any way continent upon the supplemental insurance from Uber. The OPPOSITE is of course true; Uber only pays after your required liability policy pays.

tohunt4me

Uber will NEVER step up for drivers !