No front seat pax b.s.; Uber needs to step up.

Cvillegordo

Once again I explained to a group of 4 that UberX is 3 pax, none in front. They argued, it was a 25 minute trip to a winery, so I acquiesced and moved my stuff. Big mistake; I got down voted, obviously for p.i.s.s.ing them off in the first place.

So drivers have been put in this ridiculous predicament; if you refuse, you lose rides. If you protest or explain and then do it anyway, they are now potentially mad. So either you just never say a word and take 4 like before; or you flat out refuse. Pax have obviously figured out that they just need to act surprised and you'll take 4.

Tired of this. Uber needs to step up.

Boca Ratman

Once again I explained to a group of 4 that UberX is 3 pax, none in front. They argued, it was a 25 minute trip to a winery, so I acquiesced and moved my stuff. Big mistake; I got down voted, obviously for p.i.s.s.ing them off in the first place.

So drivers have been put in this ridiculous predicament; if you refuse, you lose rides. If you protest or explain and then do it anyway, they are now potentially mad. So either you just never say a word and take 4 like before; or you flat out refuse. Pax have obviously figured out that they just need to act surprised and you'll take 4.

Sigh.
This is on you. They are told, some don't care, some just never bother reading the info uber gives them and don't know and some forget. Regardless, you told them no then allowed it anyway. Its your fault.

Uber can implement all kinds of rules but its ultimately up to you to enforce them.

You sold out for $20. Live with it.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Any surge for putting your own health at risk by allowing the POS sit in the front? Otherwise, you made a terrible mistake and became someone's door mat. LOL

25rides7daysaweek

I had a group a couple weeks ago.
They started coming out and i know
the limits 3 but theres 4 of em.
I tell them its a 3 limit but it
was a long trip w a surge.
You can all sit in back if you can comfortably fit.
They fit in and i made the trip anyway
"They other guy didnt have a problem"
I dont imagine anyone would have a problem taking anyone into the city, its like getting paid to drive to the money!!!
No tip in the app....

Gone_in_60_seconds

I had a group a couple weeks ago.
They started coming out and i know
the limits 3 but theres 4 of em.
I tell them its a 3 limit but it
was a long trip w a surge.
You can all sit in back if you can comfortably fit.
They fit in and i made the trip anyway
"They other guy didnt have a problem"
I dont imagine anyone would have a problem taking anyone into the city, its like getting paid to drive to the money!!!
No tip in the app....
Yeah, fortunately for you there was no accident. Otherwise, the passengers are going to sue as there were insuffficent seat belts for the pax and the insurance may not pay, as this is improper ferrying of passengers. .

Fusion_LUser

Why would Uber or Lyft do anything they put the burden on you. If you want to participate in the Uber and Lyft virtual signaling then its on you when the pax get mad. Either cancel the ride or take the ride and keep your mouth shut.

Tell the pax to protest and/or riot and loot in your car or eat food while sitting next to you. It's a known fact that you can't get the Chinese Virus when doing this. Do not take the pax if you can identify them as Trump supporters, especially if they are heading to a Trump rally, it's a known fact that you do get the Chinese Virus if you get within 198 miles of a Trump supporter.

Or just make sure it's a long trip with surge because and have them all sit in the back seat. You can't get the Chinese Virus when a juicy ride is on the table... 😂 😂 😂

Amos69

Better to be pissed off than pissed on.

In most cases.

This time looks like you got both.

It's all on you. Goober and Gryft both have a policy on this. You chose to 1. Argue with a customer over breaking the policy 2. Acquiesce and break the policy thus giving the customer all power.

No ones fault but yours.

Fargle

Does it help to put a largish thing in the front passenger seat? I don't know if this is effective because I've stopped driving for Uber.

Jst1dreamr

Think of it like this....You paid the price for breaking the rules. Now you will never let greed guide you again.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Should have waited 5 minutes and collected cancel fee for too many riders.

61Kb9g+2o7L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Drive with this for a few days and move on with your life.

RideShare_Hustler

It’s been said many times on here. Either enforce their rules and do not take on those trips, or take them but do not make a fuss about it. It was totally your choice, no one forced you to do this. You made a scene and then accepted the trip, yet you are somehow surprised at the end result. You can’t blame Uber when these protocols are already in place.

I see pax with ratings as low as 3.60 lingering around, do you think they care about what you have to say?

Diamondraider

Yeah, fortunately for you there was no accident. Otherwise, the passengers are going to sue as there were insuffficent seat belts for the pax and the insurance may not pay, as this is improper ferrying of passengers. .
Exactly what happened to me NYE 1998. 5 ppl in the back seat of a Ford Probe. Black ice, a spin out, and then flipped into a ravine hitting small trees, coming to rest on the roof. I got sued by a friend(former).
Insurance settled with him and I was left with a 2k car debt and no transportation.

Cvillegordo

Sigh.
This is on you. They are told, some don't care, some just never bother reading the info uber gives them and don't know and some forget. Regardless, you told them no then allowed it anyway. Its your fault.

Uber can implement all kinds of rules but its ultimately up to you to enforce them.

You sold out for $20. Live with it.
Well actually $30, not quite as pathetic.
Post automatically merged:

It’s been said many times on here. Either enforce their rules and do not take on those trips, or take them but do not make a fuss about it. It was totally your choice, no one forced you to do this. You made a scene and then accepted the trip, yet you are somehow surprised at the end result. You can’t blame Uber when these protocols are already in place.

I see pax with ratings as low as 3.60 lingering around, do you think they care about what you have to say?
Not a "scene" at all, just a short conversation. And for all I know, I got down voted by the front seat pax for looking at my phone during the trip, which was right next to her leg. (I keep my phone stuck in my cupholder.) Maybe I need to start warning them; "Ok, you can sit in front, but when I look down at my phone, please understand that I am indeed looking at my phone and not your legs."

kingcorey321

Lol . My car my rules . Its the # 2 rule of being a driver .
Show up . More then 1 pax with uber X nope . wait click to many passengers collect your fee move on .
I stopped accepting more then 1 male passenger for safety concerns . With female 2 is the max unless there cheerleaders we can fill the car up plus 3 or 4 more if required ! . I just do not like taking 3 ladies it becomes a game for them.
They ask the driver stupid questions and so on.

W00dbutcher

Well actually $30, not quite as pathetic.
Post automatically merged:

Not a "scene" at all, just a short conversation. And for all I know, I got down voted by the front seat pax for looking at my phone during the trip, which was right next to her leg. (I keep my phone stuck in my cupholder.) Maybe I need to start warning them; "Ok, you can sit in front, but when I look down at my phone, please understand that I am indeed looking at my phone and not your legs."
Hrm..... Not sure the judge believes that