• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No Front Seat 4 U!!!

RideshareUSA

I'll be quick about this.
I absolutely despise single paxs who try and/or ask to sit in the front seat.
Most get the message by way of the seat being pulled up as close to the dash as possible.
The one paxhole who recently insisted, got a perfect view of my taillights. Just sit and relax in the back where it is far roomier anyway.

Tom Oldman

Most get the message by way of the seat being pulled up as close to the dash as possible.
The one paxhole who recently insisted, got a perfect view of my taillights. Just sit and relax in the back where it is far roomier anyway.
What is it with fricking paxholes wanna seat in front. From now on, I'm gonna show them my tail light ad well.

RideshareUSA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But married pax can ask to sit there? :biggrin:

Seriously though, I hate that too. I lay down a pile of stuff on there to discourage them, works most but not all the time. :o-o:
I put on an act if they want to be up front, sorta like "Oh you wanna' sit up front? Ok, just give me a minute (as I very, very, slowly move my bag and other stuff). They always get impatient and say: "Ah its alright, I'll just sit in the back" followed by a " Wow, its quite comfortable back here!"
Duhhhhh.....paxholes!
Post automatically merged:

Seriously though, I hate that too. I lay down a pile of stuff on there to discourage them, works most but not all the time. :o-o:
Yeah, I get them attempting that as well. Listen, I dont care! If it means I have to drive off, then fine.
As many have stated here, my car, my frickin' rules!

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I used to not mind if they sit in the front, for conversation reasons etc. The biggest issue I have now is visibility. There's a certain left turn I often make onto a certain one way street, at a stop sign instead of a stop light, and I need to be able to see the traffic coming at me from the right. Most pax don't get that and they just sit there stupidly as I duck and weave my head back and forth to see around them.

Ssgcraig

I hear stories of drivers stating they can only take three, will not remove the stuff off the front seat, drivers that have "trainees" in the car. A lot of shenanigans going on.

The Gift of Fish

I don't like it but I don't get militant about it. Understand those who do, though. What I don't like is if I have items on the passenger seat and even though I have not finished moving them the pax still tries to sit down on my hand and the items. That's just dumb.

When I have to move things now and the pax is a front seater I keep the doors locked until I have moved the stuff.

Ssgcraig

I don't like it but I don't get militant about it. Understand those who do, though. What I don't like is if I have items on the passenger seat and even though I have not finished moving them the pax still tries to sit down on my hand and the items. That's just dumb.

When I have to move things now and the pax is a front seater I keep the doors locked until I have moved the stuff.
Happens to me too, I give them a "wait a second please". Rate them 1 because I know I am getting the same.

ctacer

We're expected to keep our trunks clear for luggage, and our backseats spotless for passengers - most of us spend the bulk of the day in the car and so it is our office - my front seat is my desk - it simply is not available and there are LOTS of items on that seat which cannot be moved. Also past experiences is they want to sit in front then expect you to carry a conversation - I will chat politely but not if forced. My ratings and tips are great thus so far this has not posed any issues yet...

RideshareUSA

I just don't get it. I could care less where they sit, just not crazy about the ones who sit directly behind you. Folks who sit up front tend to want to talk and are more likely to tip at least in my experience.
Really? Once you have the data to support that statement, I'll believe it.

Clearly, if they try to sit on your hand, they are seeking something more than just a ride!

oldfart

I just don't get it. I could care less where they sit, just not crazy about the ones who sit directly behind you. Folks who sit up front tend to want to talk and are more likely to tip at least in my experience.
I don’t get it either. They can sit wherever they want.

I don’t know whether front seaters tip more than others, but it makes sense that they would... certainly someone that wants to sit up front is going to be less likely to tip if you make them sit in the back

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
I've actually asked then why they do this. The most common response was a shy admission that sitting in the back makes them car sick. The men were the ones who were most embarrassed by admitting this, so perhaps pax just don't want to fess up to that.

My biggest complaint is single pax who sit directly behind me. I'm literally looking for a remote door opener so I can shave that door handle off and the only way the door opens is if I hit a switch and the door pops open.

The only way I stop it now is by pulling up less than 4 inches to an object on that side. Can you believe some chick still tried to squeeze in anyways??

Girl....you ain't that skinny! Stop reading Cosmopolitan magazine!!

Pax Collector

Yup, I'm with the "I don't care where they sit" crowd too. If they keep their mouth shut for the ride aside from acknowledging me, that's a big plus too. FIVE STARS, guaranteed.

The only place that irks me is single riders (Especially men) sitting directly behind me. I almost never allow it late at night.

hrswartz

I could NOT care less where my riders plop their arses :rolleyes:... they can ride on the trunk if they so desire :giggle:... so long as i'm getting paid... :inlove: just sayin'

Disgusted Driver

Really? Once you have the data to support that statement, I'll believe it.
I do not, have never taken the time to break it down that far. Nor do I have any data to support this statement but I believe it as well: The more conversation I have with my pax, the more I make in tips.

I fully understand the need for making data driven decisions and I have done quite a bit of that to help me optimize earnings to the extent possible but I simply don't have the time, nor know what questions I need to collect data for. I know that a lot of folks decision making is clouded by recent events or events that validate their preconceived notions so I try hard to not allow that to intefere with my decisions. With that said, I know that when I am on, talking to the pax, and things are flowing, I get more tips. It might be the difference between 8-9% of gross fares and 11 to 12%, that's the range I operate in. People who sit up front are more likely to talk to me therefore (and I can't guarantee one follows from another) I presume that they will tip more often and/or in higher amounts.

RideshareUSA

I don’t get it either. They can sit wherever they want.

I don’t know whether front seaters tip more than others, but it makes sense that they would... certainly someone that wants to sit up front is going to be less likely to tip if you make them sit in the back
Meh, who knows?

I do not, have never taken the time to break it down that far. Nor do I have any data to support this statement but I believe it as well: The more conversation I have with my pax, the more I make in tips.

I fully understand the need for making data driven decisions and I have done quite a bit of that to help me optimize earnings to the extent possible but I simply don't have the time, nor know what questions I need to collect data for. I know that a lot of folks decision making is clouded by recent events or events that validate their preconceived notions so I try hard to not allow that to intefere with my decisions. With that said, I know that when I am on, talking to the pax, and things are flowing, I get more tips. It might be the difference between 8-9% of gross fares and 11 to 12%, that's the range I operate in. People who sit up front are more likely to talk to me therefore (and I can't guarantee one follows from another) I presume that they will tip more often and/or in higher amounts.
Well, I prefer they STFU, even if it means sacrificing some tips.

Further to this I must add that deep down, I'm not really the conversationalist type. Does it mean I lose out on a few tips? For sure. But I guess thats the price for a peaceful ride absent of moronic, irrelevant, and intrusive questions. You can have the buck or two I squandered.

Last edited: