"No Fly Zone" PDF for drivers

UberSchmuber

After thinking about this and consulting with our moderator, I want to put together a list of "No Fly" areas in a PDF file for all drivers to be able to download. Although I primarily work the Shore, Summit and EWR, I do like having feather in the wind days and letting the pings take me where they will, as do a lot of other drivers I imagine.

SO, please post the bad areas you know by County, Town and District (with streets if possible).
I will compile them into a printable PDF list to share with anyone who wants it.

For those that know me in the forums know that I normally I like to mix a little comedy with what I post, but in this case, I'm dead serious. This is something we can all contribute to, to keep each other a little bit safer and better informed. Thank you in advance for taking this seriously and helping me put this together.

Example: Hudson, Jersey City, West Side, Lexington Ave (Between Bergen & JFK), avoid big apartment buildings!

Last edited:

SuzeCB

Stephen Crane Village in Newark. They will sometimes tried to tell you it's in Belleville, because it's right on the border. It's projects right alongside Clara Maass Medical Center, and nobody goes in there day or night. You won't even see a single cop car go in there they go in in twos or threes. The streets are:

Evergreen Lane
North Magnolia Lane
South Pine Lane
North Pine Lane
North Hawthorne Lane
South Hawthorne Lane
North Linden Lane
South Linden Lane
Stephen Crane Plaza

LEO2112

Stephen Crane Village in Newark. They will sometimes tried to tell you it's in Belleville, because it's right on the border. It's projects right alongside Clara Maass Medical Center, and nobody goes in there day or night. You won't even see a single cop car go in there they go in in twos or threes. The streets are:

Evergreen Lane
North Magnolia Lane
South Pine Lane
North Pine Lane
North Hawthorne Lane
South Hawthorne Lane
North Linden Lane
South Linden Lane
Stephen Crane Plaza

That's where Frankie Vallie of The Four Seasons grew up. His parents stayed there until they died way after he made it big & moved out of NJ..

UberSchmuber

Isabella Avenue in Irvington. People are extra suspicious,
Just to follow up , streets are important because Uber & Lyft in their INFINITE cleverness only show the street name & number with no town and let the GPS drag you there ("Drag Me To Hell 2, Revenge of the Ride Shares"). Now as much as I have no problem saving my life, the more we can let the pings run through, as opposed to "oh crap, I'm on the west side of Memorial Drive" and cancel the fare messing up our cancellation %, the better.

Any road named "Martin Luther King BLVD" in the entire state! Lol
You on MLK? Ruuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!
-Chris Rock
Too true. I'll have to be careful about that generalization; if the list goes public, I don't think Chris Rock will back me against Uber's new in house thug, the Esteemed Eric Holder.

Any ride that starts at the Red Carpet Inn or 7-11 in South Toms River.....
2 West Water Street, Toms River, NJ & 384 DOVER RD SOUTH TOMS RIVER?

anteetr

Just to follow up , streets are important because Uber & Lyft in their INFINITE cleverness only show the street name & number with no town and let the GPS drag you there ("Drag Me To Hell 2, Revenge of the Ride Shares"). Now as much as I have no problem saving my life, the more we can let the pings run through, as opposed to "oh crap, I'm on the west side of Memorial Drive" and cancel the fare messing up our cancellation %, the better.

Too true. I'll have to be careful about that generalization; if the list goes public, I don't think Chris Rock will back me against Uber's new in house thug, the Esteemed Eric Holder.

2 West Water Street, Toms River, NJ & 384 DOVER RD SOUTH TOMS RIVER?

There's a different 7-11 across the street from the hotel. Both 7-11s are fine additions to the list