No drivers after 10-11pm???

tmart

I drive for Uber occasionally but my car is in the shop right now, I work somewhere second shift so I get off work at 11 in Johnson County area, I've had a hard time getting an Uber at 11, so have to wait an hour or two - frequently getting the no cars available message the last few days. When and if I finally do get a ride , the drivers are telling me theyve busy all night long but only the last few days , so if you've got a car that gets 30 miles to the gallon city, now just might be your time. Uber knows the customers who need a ride to and from work every day they have that data, and they could intervene logistically to ensure that we can get rides to and from work, the Uber system needs Improvement.

jfinks

Rates need to at least double for me to take rides now. The current rates are based on continuous trips because of the amount of requests and generally short pickup distances. Whenever I turn on the uber or lyft app I never see a pickup less than 12 minutes, usually it is 15 to 20. Not going to do it not knowing how far they are going. Uber/Lyft need to get rid of their stupid worthless points system and show pickup and drop offs for every ride.

There is risk also, so I would say rates should be tripled to make it worth doing and even then i'd be very picky who I let in the car and where I picked up. If riders complain of price gouging, tell them to go buy some nice new walking shoes.

kcdrvr15

This morning I had a client from Platte City to terminal B, went back by the waiting lots, no limos/shuttles, no taxis, no uber/lyfts...

jfinks

Logged on to Lyft last night around 10 to Midnight. Got constant pings from 12-20 minutes away so ignored. I don't think many rides are being given because the same names pop up even after 15-20 min.

Last night I tried accepting a couple pings to be able to contact the riders. First one was about 20 min away and I messaged I was "stuck in traffic". She Lol'd, but I told her it was a restaurant Drive thru. She ended up canceling. Next one was 17 min away over in north Leawood. Same story from me, she said she would pay $20 up front if I came and got her, she was going to 194th and Metcalf. Wow, would have been a decent pay, but going to be stuck in nowhereville. She cancelled. Third one I got busted on with same story, she said no problem she could wait, "thanks for driving tonight".... It was at a medical center about 20 min away, she was getting off work. I eventually got her to cancel.

After that I got a nasty gram from Lyft saying my acct was at risk because of poor service.

Quite frankly lyft, the current operational model doesn't work, rates don't work and there is a high risk of infection which warrants significant hazard pay but that isn't even really worth the risk.

I haven't had a rider in my car for about a month. Delivery only for now.

Crosbyandstarsky

I drive for Uber occasionally but my car is in the shop right now, I work somewhere second shift so I get off work at 11 in Johnson County area, I've had a hard time getting an Uber at 11, so have to wait an hour or two - frequently getting the no cars available message the last few days. When and if I finally do get a ride , the drivers are telling me theyve busy all night long but only the last few days , so if you've got a car that gets 30 miles to the gallon city, now just might be your time. Uber knows the customers who need a ride to and from work every day they have that data, and they could intervene logistically to ensure that we can get rides to and from work, the Uber system needs Improvement.
Well ya. So many people won’t drive or got unemployment

kcdrvr15

One of the reasons there are no cars available, is the rate of pay is below minimum wage. You want quick fast service, but not willing to pay. This is why the system needs improvement, you need to pay more to maintain a reliable service. If the rate is below what I get for taxi/car service, I will just watch the pings time out, and when the rider gets tired of trying to get an uber/lyft and then calls me, I quote them a surge price. Whats keeping the rates from going up is all the chumps getting pimped out by uber or as they call them here on this forum, ants.

jfinks

One of the reasons there are no cars available, is the rate of pay is below minimum wage. You want quick fast service, but not willing to pay. This is why the system needs improvement, you need to pay more to maintain a reliable service. If the rate is below what I get for taxi/car service, I will just watch the pings time out, and when the rider gets tired of trying to get an uber/lyft and then calls me, I quote them a surge price. Whats keeping the rates from going up is all the chumps getting pimped out by uber or as they call them here on this forum, ants.
Ya I can't understand why there isn't much surge. It has to be some type of price gouging situation they are trying to avoid.

I went to the uber rider app the other night while eating some nuggets around college and quivira. I think this was a Friday at 11 or 12 at night. I put a destination in 2-3 miles away, cost was 9$. No cars available, every once and a while a car would pop up 18 minutes away.

I imagine this situation will recover over the next month or 2. But still the rates make 0 sense with the amount of rider demand and distance between. I think Uber/Lyft are caught up in this and can't raise rates. Imagine if all the sudden Costco doubled the price of TP. The outrage and bad press, etc.

Last edited:

Porter93

I drove last night for the first time since March. Started in Olathe, ended up going just about everywhere. Usually I get a fare from Olathe to downtown the bounce around there, Westport, and brookside

tmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been getting taxi calls... Mostly from the fringe suburban hotels, they always say they couldn't get an uber. :/
Glad to hear that was working out for you, eventually things balance out due to Market forces