Inshur

No doggy - no jobby

UberLuxbod

Can anybody explain what the Religous excuse is actually about?

Is there a genuine reason? Or are these drivers just trying to use it as an excuse because they don't want a dog in the vehicle?

Methos

Can anybody explain what the Religous excuse is actually about?

Is there a genuine reason? Or are these drivers just trying to use it as an excuse because they don't want a dog in the vehicle?
He's just using it as an excuse as religion forbid alcohol n he doesn't mind drunk pax. It's probably due to the animal hair that's left behind which he minds.

Xvandriver.nowuberX

There are many Muslims around the world that own dogs. Nothing to do with religion.

Some people may just be afraid of dogs but what harm is a guide dog going to do to you.

UberLuxbod

So it is likely just an excuse for being too lazy?

Not that it takes long to give the car a quick clean with a brush after taking the punter.

Methos

So it is likely just an excuse for being too lazy?

Not that it takes long to give the car a quick clean with a brush after taking the punter.
For some reason allot of Muslims are really scared of dogs, i understand that it's Haram but even grown men jumping at the sight of one is a regular scene in East London which is embarrassing.

Dubs666

For some reason allot of Muslims are really scared of dogs, i understand that it's Haram but even grown men jumping at the sight of one is a regular scene in East London which is embarrassing.
Nothing to do with being scared , it's to do with the dog touching our clothes . we do not want saliva on our clothes otherwise we will not be able to pray in that clothes .

babasanfur

Nothing to do with religion if u allow me
Dogs unlike cats and other animals are filthy
Simply because they don't sweat
I don't carry dogs even if I am walking and I spot someone walking a dog I always cross to the other side of the road
I don't mind carrying a cat or even a pig in my car but dogs no sorry

Jack Dunphy

Nothing to do with religion if u allow me
Dogs unlike cats and other animals are filthy
Simply because they don't sweat
I don't carry dogs even if I am walking and I spot someone walking a dog I always cross to the other side of the road
I don't mind carrying a cat or even a pig in my car but dogs no sorry
On a serious note here some of these dogs are working dogs these fantastic animals are the eyes & ears of people less fortunate than ourselves but still find the time to go to work or whatever & don't sit about claiming tax credits & the like so not taking these "workers" whether it's BC or PH drivers is bang out of order & should find another job.

Chip_London

Dogs lick other dogs bottoms.. would you not consider that filthy?
I'm not a muslim so I don't consider a lot of things filthy. Beards are filthy but people wear them. Washing your bum with bare hand is filthy but people are still doing it. People lick other people's bums but how cares, really?
The law is pretty clear about guard dogs in taxis, ain't it?

John John

I'm not a muslim so I don't consider a lot of things filthy. Beards are filthy but people wear them. Washing your bum with bare hand is filthy but people are still doing it. People lick other people's bums but how cares, really?
The law is pretty clear about guard dogs in taxis, ain't it?
Beards are scientifically proven to have health benefits, look it up.

But yes agreed, the law is clear. I was just curious to know why you think dogs are clean when they do pretty disgusting things. I wasnt talking about humans or religion or anything else.

Nature_BOY

From the religious point of view, dogs are filthy and therefore they are not meant to be coming in contact and that is why not meant to be kept as pet at home or elsewhere. However that is the religious hard line.
As many Muslim people drink, many keep dogs as pets, but those are individual choices.
However if someone is accepting the badge as a minicab driver, I do not see how they can hide behind religion, you accept it knowing the condition of the trade!

voodooman

" now look here i may have taken a dump in your west london garden and wiped my arse with my left hand but that guide dog of yours is disgusting get it out of my sight"

UberLuxbod

Nothing to do with being scared , it's to do with the dog touching our clothes . we do not want saliva on our clothes otherwise we will not be able to pray in that clothes .
Then anybody with a genuine problem should seek out an exemption.

If there is a genuine requirement then TFL have to at least consider the request, if it's genuine.

John John

" now look here i may have taken a dump in your west london garden and wiped my arse with my left hand but that guide dog of yours is disgusting get it out of my sight"
Voodoo, not having a go but just to clear up this misconception, you first use tissue. You then use water.

Its exactly the same as when the higher class of people use bidets.