No child seat NO RIDE!

BlueSkies

I had my first experience with a Mom & baby with no car seat. I pull up to her throwing her purse into my back seat as she rushes to get the baby out of the stroller and I couldn't see a car seat anywhere. I jumped out to help her fold the stroller and also to determine if it magically turns into a car seat or something. Nope, no car seat. She says "Uber always take me. It okay, I go with Uber all time no problem. I go uber with baby, I hold. It okay."
I said, ITS AGAINST THE LAW. I CAN GET A $500 TICKET. I'm sorry, I can't let you ride without a car seat. You'll have to cancel.
She grabbed her purse and walked off without cancelling. I cancelled & the only reason I could find was something about illegal behavior or felony. So I used it. Before I could contact Uber with an explanation, I got a new ping. After that ride I went back to try to write to uber with my comments, but couldn't find the trip. Just then I got a call from the Uber area code pax use, and this guy said he was Bill with Uber but then the call disconnected. Oh well.

second2noone

yes you did the right thing. They are required to have a car seat. So what if other drivers do it. Let them get a ticket.
These parents are ridiculous, don't they care for their babies?

I would wait until she cancel. or wait and if she doesn't wait the 5 min and collect your no show fee.

Hey now

Lol. I've gotten the other drivers do it excuse too but not on the car seat. Usually it's when I say I can't wait for them when they leave my car. Good for you on holding your ground. If you were to get into an accident with the baby in the car that would be on you and your conscience.

BlueSkies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes you did the right thing. They are required to have a car seat. So what if other drivers do it. Let them get a ticket.
These parents are ridiculous, don't they care for their babies?

I would wait until she cancel. or wait and if she doesn't wait the 5 min and collect your no show fee.
I just realized, I may have the trip after all.....yes, I got $4.00 for it.

BlueSkies

Lol. I've gotten the other drivers do it excuse too but not on the car seat. Usually it's when I say I can't wait for them when they leave my car. Good for you on holding your ground. If you were to get into an accident with the baby in the car that would be on you and your conscience.
I get SO MANY EVERY DAY who want me to wait while they go in.....they always say it will just be a minute. What do you tell them?

Hey now

No, if I did I'd just ignore it anyway! It's not an easy thing telling people no, but when we only get ( .09-25%) .0675¢ for waiting, you just have to suck it up and tell them!

Teksaz

I just tell them, I don't get paid for waiting. (@ $0.09min isn't gettin paid) Lol

If it's longer than a few minutes, I've got to move on.

Most understand but the ones that get pissy, WGAF

I think I've already told the story about the chick that got in my car and said..."I need you to take me to the bank and back home again. I said...sure no problem." She had put in the destination to the bank a block away. End trip collect my Effing $2.56. Even if I would have waited and took her back home, the results would have been the same except I would have wasted 10 minutes waiting on her.

I Aint Jo Mama

I had my first experience with a Mom & baby with no car seat. I pull up to her throwing her purse into my back seat as she rushes to get the baby out of the stroller and I couldn't see a car seat anywhere. I jumped out to help her fold the stroller and also to determine if it magically turns into a car seat or something. Nope, no car seat. She says "Uber always take me. It okay, I go with Uber all time no problem. I go uber with baby, I hold. It okay."
I said, ITS AGAINST THE LAW. I CAN GET A $500 TICKET. I'm sorry, I can't let you ride without a car seat. You'll have to cancel.
She grabbed her purse and walked off without cancelling. I cancelled & the only reason I could find was something about illegal behavior or felony. So I used it. Before I could contact Uber with an explanation, I got a new ping. After that ride I went back to try to write to uber with my comments, but couldn't find the trip. Just then I got a call from the Uber area code pax use, and this guy said he was Bill with Uber but then the call disconnected. Oh well.
Mom of the year ,no doubt

BlueSkies

I just tell them, I don't get paid for waiting. (@ $0.09min isn't gettin paid) Lol

If it's longer than a few minutes, I've got to move on.

Most understand but the ones that get pissy, WGAF

I think I've already told the story about the chick that got in my car and said..."I need you to take me to the bank and back home again. I said...sure no problem." She had put in the destination to the bank a block away. End trip collect my Effing $2.56. Even if I would have waited and took her back home, the results would have been the same except I would have wasted 10 minutes waiting on her.
Yeah. I saw that post. Okay, that's it! I'm putting my foot down!