• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No Child Car Seat - Tip Drama

Mr. Affinito

So, a certain driver arrived at 135th St to find a mother and her kid. The kid was probably 2 years old. There was no car seat. Driver said "I think he has to be in a car seat. She said, "He'll be fine. I'll strap him in and sit beside him. She said he was heading to the children's hospital and had to be there in 30 min.

Driver allows them in the car, but felt really guilty knowing that he would face an astronomical fine if he got caught.... and he was confused about the "refusals" issue with TLC. Anyway, they needed to make a stop to pick up the kid's father. Driver let them use his charger.

Five minutes before dropping them off, she gave cash to her baby's father and said, "Let's give him a little something for bringing us." Upon reaching destination, driver hopped out, took stroller from trunk, handed them their bags and wished them a great evening. The "baby's daddy" took the stroller and things and kept moving with the money in his hand!

Annoying!!! The driver was really frustrated.

Frankyfiggs

I went to pick up a woman named like J.T.

She had a suitcase so i thought airport run.nope!she had a tiny ass baby slung under her arm.whatever.i load her case in the trunk shes like it has liquids that will spill.i take the case out.put it on the street and say "sorry, hes too small"

And book the fk outta there...she was going to flatbush woulda been a decent fare but potentially totally not worth.it

Douglas

You super drivers amazing of your lack of tlc law knowledge. Don't know how you passed the test. Anyway. Let me break it down for you. As a tlc driver you are exempt from car seat laws.
This is accurate when traveling in NY only. If you cross state lines, NJ changed the laws a few years ago and require all vehicles including forhire, less than USDOT regulated to require car seats.

So if you travel into NJ to drop at EWR, better have a car seat for any kid under 5 or whatever the law is...

But I agree with you, many of these guys don't know that they are exempt from the car seat law as well as the seat belt law when in NY

Mr. Affinito

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You super drivers amazing of your lack of tlc law knowledge. Don't know how you passed the test. Anyway. Let me break it down for you. As a tlc driver you are exempt from car seat laws.
Come on, guys. Be Decent. Can't you make a point without being insulting?

This thread was actually about the "tip" not the kid and his car seat... lol

nickd8775

The baby daddy was the scumbag. I feel sorry for the kid. Hope she takes him for maximum child support.
Not much difference than sending someone to get the pizza and giving him cash to tip the pizza guy, but he pockets the cash and stiffs the pizza guy while lying that he tipped.

Sisqou

They passed it the same way you did, idiot. The test mentioned nothing about whether a car seat was necessary for kids.
First of all, idiot, the test may not mentioned it but the school you have to go to past the test mentioned it. If your school doesn't do it, so you definitely have to go again.

Mr. Affinito

First of all, idiot, the test may not mentioned it but the school you have to go to past the test mentioned it. If your school doesn't do it, so you definitely have to go again.
You have to go back to grade school because your grammar is ridiculously poor.

Mr. Affinito

Are nassau, suffolk and westcheste4 riders also exempt from childseat rules via reciprocal regulations?
It's my understanding that this is a VTL issue ... the NYS Vehicle and Transportation Law. It should be statewide. I'll look in my manual and see.