No cars...no surge?

CaptainToo

I periodically check the Uber rider app to see how many cars are out in the Salem MA area, usually I see one or none in what used to be a very busy area.

Are you drivers still driving UberX finding steady rides? I would assume there are still people who need Uber, so that some demand would exist. Normally if there were one ride request and no cars, the rate would surge, but I have never seen a surge in months. I assume that is because of the MA emergency, no surge, which I guess translates into to many riders...no rides available.

If this is correct, it would be a good object lesson to make its way into the newspapers.

BostonTaxiDriver

Meanwhile in Rhode Island
Hmmm....after the Boston drivers for years complaining about a flood of Rhode Island drivers crossing the border and using our market, maybe now the reverse will occur:

MA drivers flooding the Providence market?

I was aware of Rhode Island still surging when MA shut it off, so this is encouraging for Rhode Island drivers -- and the MA drivers who wish to partake. But I don't know the Providence area in depth in order to feel comfortable, especially at night.

ErkanAk

Hmmm....after the Boston drivers for years complaining about a flood of Rhode Island drivers crossing the border and using our market, maybe now the reverse will occur:

MA drivers flooding the Providence market?

I was aware of Rhode Island still surging when MA shut it off, so this is encouraging for Rhode Island drivers -- and the MA drivers who wish to partake. But I don't know the Providence area in depth in order to feel comfortable, especially at night.
Lets go lets go.

CaptainToo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just checking yesterday about dinner time, I turned on both the Uber rider app and the Lyft rider app, and neither showed any cars available in the north-shore Salem MA area.

Out of curiosity, I turned on the Uber driver app, and it said my background check was outstanding, so I responded to that and then it said my account was on hold...

Then I went on-line with the Lyft driver app. Ping...ping...ping - I received and declined three area pings in the ten seconds it took me to go off-line. So that says the riders are still out there in my area, just no cars to service them.

UberwithDan

as someone that lives in the area I can tell you there have been several times when uber has no cars. honestly lyft has been cheaper lately so i haven't used uber much

Funnyhead88

I periodically check the Uber rider app to see how many cars are out in the Salem MA area, usually I see one or none in what used to be a very busy area.

Are you drivers still driving UberX finding steady rides? I would assume there are still people who need Uber, so that some demand would exist. Normally if there were one ride request and no cars, the rate would surge, but I have never seen a surge in months. I assume that is because of the MA emergency, no surge, which I guess translates into to many riders...no rides available.

If this is correct, it would be a good object lesson to make its way into the newspapers.
I drove a couple times last week around Boston and the surrounding areas and it seemed like there’s an uptick in requests compared to last month. However since there aren’t enough drivers to cover every area, there are a lot of 10-20 min drive requests with Lyft being the worst out of the two plus half of the requests gets cancelled by the rider because the wait is too long for them

Timlee252525

I drove a couple times last week around Boston and the surrounding areas and it seemed like there’s an uptick in requests compared to last month. However since there aren’t enough drivers to cover every area, there are a lot of 10-20 min drive requests with Lyft being the worst out of the two plus half of the requests gets cancelled by the rider because the wait is too long for them
Any surge