• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No car seat no ride

Roberto413

I keep getting this riders trying to get in to my car with children no car seat I had a rider yesterday telling me the other driver don’t mind and she always take Uber and she told me that is the driver responsibility to have a car seat on the car I told her sorry no ride for you and this is a Uber x service I told her driving around a child with no car seat I can get a nice ticket from the police not her is going be on my license so my question is do we have to provide a car seat ?

Another Uber Driver

she told me that is the driver responsibility to have a car seat on the car do we have to provide a car seat ?
I get this in the Capital of Your Nation both in the cab and the UberX car. I always ask them if I got the fun out of making the child. No? Good, then I have no responsibility for the child. It is your child, you had all the fun in making it, now you provide for it.

I do not k now if it is available in your market, but, here, the customer can request an UberX car with a child seat and pay extra for it.

"All the other drivers do it" is OOM-WAH-WAH. People will tell you anything, if they think that you will believe it. When they try that with me, I tell them that I have been out here a little too long to buy that one.

Mold

No carseat, no ride. Period. Not worth the risk. Typically they are three dollar trips anyhow. They have car seat UBER in some cities. Not Western Mass.

Last edited:

LateNightQueen

I just had to refuse a ride to Bradley because the parents didn't have car seats for their two babies. I understand the difficulty of traveling with children, but that's not a risk that I'm willing to take on - legally or personally. Unfortunately, the car seat option is only available in 4 markets so far - 2 of them being DC and NYC.

Magneto

It’s certainly not our responsibility to carry a car seat with us in case of such a situation. That said if you do not wish to turn away such business you may want to consider doing it. For me it doesn’t make sense. I agree with the other folks who say just don’t do it; no seat, no ride. The ticket is least of your worries; if you get in an accident, especially a serious one, your life as you know it could come to a screeching halt and from what I hear jail and financial ruin are not fun. All for the low, low price of 3 bucks. Not worth it to me.

TofuCurtain

Kids w/ no car seat are my favorite! When I pull up, and see a child, I roll down my window and ask if they have a car seat. Of course they don't. So I tell them that they have to request another car. This causes them to cancel the ride, and I get the cancellation fee. As soon as I receive the notification, I turn the app off so I do not get hailed by them until I am out of their area. $5 or $4 bucks w/o even stepping foot in my car.. easiest money ever.