No car seat cancellation.

BigRedDriver

I shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes when the reason is "No car seat", Thats ridiculous.
You select it in reasons.
Uber and Lyft fix it!
Also Counting on a passenger for anything is BS, again
Uber and Lyft fix it!

I’ve never not received the fee regardless if I’ve waited or not. Contact Support and give them rider info.

Seamus

I shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes when the reason is "No car seat", Thats ridiculous.
It shouldn't be that way but it is. All cancels require you to wait 5 min to get paid.
1-Explain the rule to the pax veeeery sloooooooowly.
2-Ask them to cancel so you don't have to "report" them for no car seat (works sometimes).
3-If they refuse and start arguing all the better, arguing takes up time. Argue that its the law blah blah blah
4-If it gets too hostile drive around the corner, wait till timer hits 5 Cancel, get paid.

JTTwentySeven

Too many passengers option might give the cancel fee under 5 minutes.
I remember doing that back in November, I drove away trying to let the timer go and ended up cancelling at 3 mins and got the fee.

DMV Driver

You don't have to wait the 5 or do any shenanigans to get paid. Call let them know.. Uber or Lyft.. Ive been given the fee every time.. But you do have to call to get it.

911 Guy

Inform the pax that you need to call support. They'll cancel most of the time and entertain the rest. Speaker phone is your friend.

Brunch

You select it in reasons.
Uber and Lyft fix it!
Also Counting on a passenger for anything is BS, again
Uber and Lyft fix it!

Luckily, it's not really 5 minutes because the timer starts as you're approaching. Definitely try to get the passenger to cancel. If you cancel the "correct" way with Uber, marking the ride as having no car seat, you're going to spend a heck of a lot more time trying to get the fee. You'll be on hold for a long time and then you'll have to talk to someone who barely knows English.

Uber doesn't care about the passenger not having a car seat for their child. They'll just let the next driver pick them up. I still report it to Uber even though they don't do anything. Lyft will send a warning e-mail to the passenger, so at least they are making an effort to stop it.

VanGuy

An automated email by the system saying please don't do that doesn't really sound like much effort. They're probably happy getting their cut of the cancel fee over and over.

CDP

Had 2 yesterday, both said "the other driver...." to which I replied, "it's the law i follow it" and she said, "I'm not fittna take one with me every where I go..." to which I replied, "you should not have more children and perhaps find better care for this one.." and she had a fit. I dont care any more.

mmn

Had 2 yesterday, both said "the other driver...." to which I replied, "it's the law i follow it" and she said, "I'm not fittna take one with me every where I go..." to which I replied, "you should not have more children and perhaps find better care for this one.." and she had a fit. I dont care any more.
And why should you? They clearly don't...!

Brunch

An automated email by the system saying please don't do that doesn't really sound like much effort. They're probably happy getting their cut of the cancel fee over and over.

Lyft doesn't take any part of cancel fees, that's Uber. It's not an automated e-mail either. Someone posted a letter a few days ago and they have their trust and safety team write it out. It very well could be a copy and paste type of situation, but they are letting the passenger know it's not permitted. Here is a post for a different reason, but they follow up with passengers for any safety reason: https://uberpeople.net/threads/lyft-safety-email-to-pax.319484/

TomTheAnt

You don't have to wait the 5 or do any shenanigans to get paid. Call let them know.. Uber or Lyft.. Ive been given the fee every time.. But you do have to call to get it.

Except that the call is probably going to take more than five minutes to explain the situation to the rep on the other end and them then checking/reading their script and so on and so on.