No Cancellation Fee

Cane

So I receive a request to pickup passenger. Get there and woman tries to fit 5 people in an X ride on my Honda Accord. I explain to her that she needs to request an XL and she told me no that she would put one baby on her lap. I explained to her that it's illegal and I wouldn't do it. The lady cancels and I get no cancellation fee.

I called Uber support and some stupid foreign rep says I don't get a fee because it was within 2 minutes (1:54) so I have to take the loss. Smfh. I truly hate Uber.

SuzeCB

So I receive a request to pickup passenger. Get there and woman tries to fit 5 people in an X ride on my Honda Accord. I explain to her that she needs to request an XL and she told me no that she would put one baby on her lap. I explained to her that it's illegal and I wouldn't do it. The lady cancels and I get no cancellation fee.

I called Uber support and some stupid foreign rep says I don't get a fee because it was within 2 minutes (1:54) so I have to take the loss. Smfh. I truly hate Uber.
Uber support is actually getting worse. They have absolutely no concept at all of what Uber policies for cancellation rates are. I'm fighting with another one because pool Rider cancelled on me two minutes after I accepted the ride, as I was making my way to them. Apparently, the writer claimed I was running behind schedule, so that they wouldn't be charged the cancellation fee. I was not running behind schedule. Hell, I didn't even have time to start running behind schedule, and even if I was, we have five minutes leeway before they can cancel without being charged, the same way that we have to wait 2 minutes for pool or five minutes 4X before we can charge. Apparently this customer service does not acknowledge our five minute leeway, and are unable to apply the cancellation fee even when the numbers don't add up. When I got the request the person was 11 minutes away. They cancelled 2 minutes into my traveling to them.

reg barclay

No disrespect but if it actually was less than 2 minutes after you accepted the ping then why would you get a cancellation fee? The fact that they had two many pax would seem to be irrelevant if they cancelled within 2 minutes. If you want to argue that Uber should change it's policy and charge a cancellation fee for even less than 2 minutes then that's another matter but it has nothing to do with having too many pax or not (personally I'm okay with 2 minutes especially since it used to be 5 minutes when I first started).

AFAIK the only time having too many pax might be relevant would be if you waited five minutes at the pax location and wanted to charge a no show fee. In such a case you might be able to argue that even though the pax are actually present you could still consider it a 'no show' if they insist on all 5 pax travelling in one uberx car.

Last edited:

SuzeCB

No disrespect but if it actually was less than 2 minutes after you accepted the ping then why would you get a cancellation fee? The fact that they had two many pax would seem to be irrelevant if they cancelled within 2 minutes. If you want to argue that Uber should change it's policy and charge a cancellation fee for even less than 2 minutes then that's another matter but it has nothing to do with having too many pax or not (personally I'm okay with 2 minutes especially since it used to be 5 minutes when I first started).

AFAIK the only time having too many pax might be relevant would be if you waited five minutes at the pax location and wanted to charge a no show fee. In such a case you might be able to argue that even though the pax are actually present you could still consider it a 'no show' if they insist on all 5 pax travelling in one uberx car.
Pool riders no longer have the 2 minutes. As soon as the driver accepts the ride, if the Pax cancels it is subject to a cancellation fee.

USMCX

Don't bother arguing with the bots. If the issue isn't resolved in the first interaction, they pass it off to another bot. Just try again with another ticket

reg barclay

Pool riders no longer have the 2 minutes. As soon as the driver accepts the ride, if the Pax cancels it is subject to a cancellation fee.
I understand that. I was addressing the OP who was apparently doing uber x not pool.

Cane

I have no idea what happened but after the call I seen I got the cancellation fee. I guess they are up the cost because they showed pax paid $0 but I still got the $3.75. I never called back either.

Jeff1205

I had 2 the other day that they won't pay me for. They still suck!!

20170918_202516.png

20170918_202403.jpg

20170918_202626.png

freeFromUber

Uber support is actually getting worse. They have absolutely no concept at all of what Uber policies for cancellation rates are. I'm fighting with another one because pool Rider cancelled on me two minutes after I accepted the ride, as I was making my way to them. Apparently, the writer claimed I was running behind schedule, so that they wouldn't be charged the cancellation fee. I was not running behind schedule. Hell, I didn't even have time to start running behind schedule, and even if I was, we have five minutes leeway before they can cancel without being charged, the same way that we have to wait 2 minutes for pool or five minutes 4X before we can charge. Apparently this customer service does not acknowledge our five minute leeway, and are unable to apply the cancellation fee even when the numbers don't add up. When I got the request the person was 11 minutes away. They cancelled 2 minutes into my traveling to them.
it's worse than you think Suze. I have had this problem many times in the last few weeks...,.today was the last straw and I kept after them and after them and after them...until they finally paid me...then I gave them an earful.

freeFromUber

Really worth it to go through all these hurdles with these rideshare companies
Yes...it's the principal of the thing....absolutely worth it. It's the only way to bring about change. You just don't give up and say, you win...especially when you know you are right.

pvtandrewmalone

The lack of cancel fees been getting worse for me too.

Phone support is a little better than email support with getting fees paid. However, even phone support has some agents that just repeat the same illogical non sequitur five times no matter how much you try to explain what actually happened.

freeFromUber

The lack of cancel fees been getting worse for me too.

Phone support is a little better than email support with getting fees paid. However, even phone support has some agents that just repeat the same illogical non sequitur five times no matter how much you try to explain what actually happened.
I finally got results by NOT explaining what happened. I asked them to EXPLAIN TO ME why I was not entitled to a cancel fee...they couldn't, and they paid me.