No babies without car seat.

Docaces

I finally decided that I would no longer taking children babies without car seats. Just had a call from a girl who by the way didn't even look like she was 18 with a less than one year old in a stroller. Told her I'm sorry but I can't take a child without a seat. She gasp in horror. And they canceled me. Fortunately I only went one block to pick her up. I advise anyone else reading this to not take Toddlers and children babies without car seats. It's just not worth three or four bucks for the potential liability issue. I felt bad, but when I going to do put myself at risk no way

Uberdriver2710

baby silencers too:

Jufkii

I finally decided that I would no longer taking children babies without car seats. Just had a call from a girl who by the way didn't even look like she was 18 with a less than one year old in a stroller. Told her I'm sorry but I can't take a child without a seat. She gasp in horror. And they canceled me. Fortunately I only went one block to pick her up. I advise anyone else reading this to not take Toddlers and children babies without car seats. It's just not worth three or four bucks for the potential liability issue. I felt bad, but when I going to do put myself at risk no way
Ubers only concern regarding what you did is to penalize you with a cancellation against you.
You keep cancelling by doing the right thing and following the laws, Uber may deactivate you.

Docaces

Well luckily she cancelled, but if it happens again, I will just sit there with doors locked, let the 5 min elapse and get my fee. More than likely they will cancel first. Btw, it was Lyft.

Ayad

Right on. If you get a ticket, you are out hundreds of dollars plus it goes on your record. If you are involved in an accident, you can be sure this lady will try to sue you even if you get deactivated. Worse, if there is an injury, you will have to live with the guilt.

Just thanked a young mother this morning for brining and installing a baby seat. She was surprised when I told her that often parents don't do it and try to negotiate.

SuzeCB

Well luckily she cancelled, but if it happens again, I will just sit there with doors locked, let the 5 min elapse and get my fee. More than likely they will cancel first. Btw, it was Lyft.
I don't do Lyft yet, so I don't know how they work things. With Uber, however, make sure it takes you at least two minutes to get to any location just in case there's a reason that the passenger May cancel after they come out and talk with you. Never take kids that are supposed to be in car seats unless the person traveling with them has the appropriate car seat. You are responsible for knowing your States laws. If you're going to cancel, be prepared to sit there for the five minutes and then cancel for no-show. If the Pax shows up and is under age, or has a child that needs a car seat but no car seat, no legitimate packs has shown up. They can use the five minute wait time to grab a seat if they have one, or whatever. If they cancel and it took you more than 2 minutes to get there, they will have to pay the cancellation fee. If they don't cancel and you have to put you have waited the full five minutes after you arrived, you can cancel and get a cancellation fee for no-show.

Either way, immediately upon the trip being cancelled, as soon as the app will allow, go offline and Report the packs as having shown up at the last minute if you were the one who cancelled, and then not having the car seat. This report will be attached to this cancellation. While your cancellation rate will go up, when it gets to a certain point it gets bumped up too human eyes, who can evaluate whatever reports are attached to the cancellation. Canceling because taking the Pax would have required breaking the law is not going to be held against you, so long as you don't have an absolutely rotten cancellation rate with no explanations.

In my market, there are a lot of underage Rider, which are in violation of Uber's terms of service. There's also a high number of people who want to travel with small children and don't want to carry a car seat with them. This means that from time to time my cancellation rate is going to get high. It doesn't stay consistently High, in part because I no longer work days most of the time, and there are explanations for my cancellations. I rarely cancel without a valid reason that Uber will accept.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Ubers only concern regarding what you did is to penalize you with a cancellation against you.
You keep cancelling by doing the right thing and following the laws, Uber may deactivate you.
Send the pax the following message through the app.

"rider has been notified they are required to cancel the ride as THEY have Requested The Driver Violate *your state* child SAFETY requirements. As this would be illegal the rider is being reported for Violation of Uber Terms of Service."

After they cancel you send the Exact Same Message to Uber support with the additional line

" do not match me with this rider in the future under any circumstances "

Uberdriver2710

Once you learn to 'cancel without cancelling', things like this, become a 'no brainer'.

Johnydoo

I would leave if I were you, a lot can happen in 60 seconds. Also, some drivers were reported for "Did not leave after drop off" (uber).

Jufkii

Send the pax the following message through the app.

"rider has been notified they are required to cancel the ride as THEY have Requested The Driver Violate *your state* child SAFETY requirements. As this would be illegal the rider is being reported for Violation of Uber Terms of Service."

After they cancel you send the Exact Same Message to Uber support with the additional line

" do not match me with this rider in the future under any circumstances "
I sent something similar to Support once. In spite of the rider trying to do something illegal the cancellation stayed on my record for the week. Asking Support to remove the cancellation was like asking Travis to raise the rates a buck. Not happening.

SuzeCB

I would leave if I were you, a lot can happen in 60 seconds. Also, some drivers were reported for "Did not leave after drop off" (uber).
What does that mean? Not wasting gas until you get your next ping? Next thing you know they're going to be reporting us for having dyed hair.

I sent something similar to Support once. In spite of the rider trying to do something illegal the cancellation stayed on my record for the week. Asking Support to remove the cancellation was like asking Travis to raise the rates a buck. Not happening.
It doesn't remove the cancellation. The cancellation rate is the cancellation rate. When it reaches a certain point it gets bumped up to human eyes. At that point any cancellations that have valid reasons will not be held against you, and you won't be deactivated. This is, of course, provided that your cancellations "just because" aren't too numerous.

Cancellation rate that you can see on the app is cycled only for the last 7 days. You don't see the whole picture. Keep your general cancellations as low as possible. Whenever you cancel for cause, make sure you report it ASAP, even if you have to go off line to do so. Get the report in so that it is attached to that particular cancellation just in case something comes up later on.

Jufkii

What does that mean? Not wasting gas until you get your next ping? Next thing you know they're going to be reporting us for having dyed hair.

It doesn't remove the cancellation. The cancellation rate is the cancellation rate. When it reaches a certain point it gets bumped up to human eyes. At that point any cancellations that have valid reasons will not be held against you, and you won't be deactivated. This is, of course, provided that your cancellations "just because" aren't too numerous.

Cancellation rate that you can see on the app is cycled only for the last 7 days. You don't see the whole picture. Keep your general cancellations as low as possible. Whenever you cancel for cause, make sure you report it ASAP, even if you have to go off line to do so. Get the report in so that it is attached to that particular cancellation just in case something comes up later on.
You positive valid reason cancellations are not held against you? I was lifetime 96% over a year driving. I had 3 one week.None of them remotely close to my fault. 29 rides total. Slightly under 90% for the week. I still got a prompt nasty email claiming they will deactivate me if it happens again. Nice. Nice company. Real fair.

SuzeCB

You positive valid reason cancellations are not held against you? I was lifetime 96% over a year driving. I had 3 one week.None of them remotely close to my fault. 29 rides total. Slightly under 90% for the week. I still got a prompt nasty email claiming they will deactivate me if it happens again. Nice. Nice company. Real fair.
Emails are computer-generated initially. Until you actually have someone saying you are being deactivated or that you are going to be deactivated, you're okay. They send you numerous notices before they actually do it. If you think that your cancellation rate was too high, and you know that all of them or close to all of them were for valid reasons that you actually took the time to report to Uber immediately after the cancellation, then go to a Greenlight Hub and force it to someone's eyeballs. CYA.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Never said you cancel.

Said send the rider that message.

They will cancel. Never had them not cancel.

If they don't cancel "Fraudulent Account" AFTER 5 minutes.
They are Fraudulent because they are asking you to break the law.

But, have never had a rider not cancel.

Mikek999

Whoh! YOU DONT CANCEL THOSE RIDES! YOU TELL THE RIDER THEY NEED TO CANCEL THE RIDE AS THEY MADE THE MISTAKE OF REQUESTING A UBER WITH CHILD WITHOUT A CAR SEAT! If they refuse then wait out the five minutes and cancel as a no show. Same goes for those who request with to many passengers. Their mistake - they cancel.

What happens if you refuse someone with a service dog and baby without a car seat ?

That's when you take a picture of the pax with your phone and tell them that if they report you for not accepting the ride that you will show proof to Uber and they will deactivate their account for fraudulent reporting.

Mars Troll Number 4

You might want to drive out of melee range of them before you wait out the 5 minutes...

One time i had a crazy lady ram my car with a shopping cart when i told her i wasn't going to take her and her (i honestly can't remember) 5 or 6 kids half of which needed a car seat.

like other folks are saying snap a pic of them, if you can get one of them holding a baby/toddler more power.

This is something that people have been pulling on taxis for as long as there have been car seat laws.

Don't chance it!