• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No Aux Cable!

Inshur

Frank Underwood

Ladies and gentlemen, we must take back control of our cars. I'm all for being polite but what's with these customers who are going somewhere 15 mins away asking for Aux cables? I personally don't like most of the current music being produced but I leave it on 103.5/z100. Hot 97 is by far the worst radio station in NYC. So many in the Bronx/Brooklyn demand that silly station. I don't carry or offer chargers/aux cable. I only have 1 chord in the car - charger for MY LG G5 (usb type c) which I REFUSE to unplug for anyone. This is 'ridesharing' not a chauffeur service.

DeFazio

Amen bro, ps my car does not even have a AUX line plug in, so I tell them that. Not required of us. I'll allow them to plug in briefly if they need my charger, cuz I have BEEN THERE myself... but only if my devices are fully charged enough for the ride.. I almost laugh when they ask if I have WiFi... I don't laugh obviously, I'm uber polite. Ugh even I wanna smack myself for that pun.. but really what to do they think this is? As an uber rider myself I never even once thought to ask that. Though I've noticed it's often riders from I believe the U.K... maybe that is standard there?

Link_upnyc

Ladies and gentlemen, we must take back control of our cars. I'm all for being polite but what's with these customers who are going somewhere 15 mins away asking for Aux cables? I personally don't like most of the current music being produced but I leave it on 103.5/z100. Hot 97 is by far the worst radio station in NYC. So many in the Bronx/Brooklyn demand that silly station. I don't carry or offer chargers/aux cable. I only have 1 chord in the car - charger for MY LG G5 (usb type c) which I REFUSE to unplug for anyone. This is 'ridesharing' not a chauffeur service.
I'm all for cardi b but if I hear Kodak black one more time I'm going drive off the bridge

Alone44

You see 3 years ago uber used to offer free aux cable to the drivers and they let the passengers know that the drivers have it in their cars. Back then they can also play music true the iPhone uber gave to the drivers too. So what you seeing now is the left over from that s****t. I had people asking me for aux cable or bloothoot. I always refuse but I got 1 start for rating all the time.

Uberinian

You see 3 years ago uber used to offer free aux cable to the drivers and they let the passengers know that the drivers have it in their cars. Back then they can also play music true the iPhone uber gave to the drivers too. So what you seeing now is the left over from that s****t. I had people asking me for aux cable or bloothoot. I always refuse but I got 1 start for rating all the time.
Just say "I don't have one."

Why can't I just drive in peace and @@@@ing quiet... No I won't give you an auxiliary cable... Only and only if it's a 50 min+ trip. Then you deserve it. Otherwise, no.

Frankyfiggs

3 times i had to use it. One time was young girls and I didnt have it so they wanted hot 97. The other two were off the boat russians with horrible music

EZSwinger

Had a couple get in the car and ask for a particular radio station. Looked at their destination and saw the trip was 9 minutes. Told them that for the 9 minutes they would be in the car 104.3 (my choice of station) would have to be ok.....said it with a smile.... 5 * and a $5 tip. Gotta keep em in line.

theitalian

This is one of the main reasons why Uber needs fresh meat every day. They offer aux, water, mints, snack, open the door and most of all accept pool and every pax even with low rating. After a couple of months between cheap fare and Nobel passenger they realize the Uber bs and they stop to give all these amenities.

maximumuber

I had a passenger that gave me a misfit when I didn't have a aux cord. At the same time it was funny how he reacted, but then in a way he demanded it was not funny.

Jim1985

Had a couple get in the car and ask for a particular radio station. Looked at their destination and saw the trip was 9 minutes. Told them that for the 9 minutes they would be in the car 104.3 (my choice of station) would have to be ok.....said it with a smile.... 5 * and a $5 tip. Gotta keep em in line.
Eew who in the world dares to change 104.3. What get the led out not good enough for ya millenials!

Evlesoa

I wired my aux cable into my dash so that the cable is 3 inches sticking out from the panels. Pax ask me for aux, and I tell them, "Sure, if your phone is 3 feet long."

On a serious note, most don't want to give me their phone when they see how it's wired.

Wardell Curry

I have a skull candy headphone hanging behind passenger seat in front of their eyes.
When they ask aux cord I say "you are welcome to use the headphones."
Headphones? Lol, you're doing too much bro. Just get in, stfu and wait until the destination. When I used to let pax control the music regularly, half of these clowns would still be on their phone or talking to their friend so now I play my playlist on moderate volume and if they don't like it, I turn it off. Done.

Stateni

Well when they have that answer they don't ask radio or anything else :smiles:
And till today only 1 ( yes one ) pax used the headphones in 3 years..Where as aux cable after 10th customer the cable is f.d up and need to go spent another $3-5 for a new cable.

Oh btw I have aux cable I only let black and Suv customers use it because that pax pays extra for having my car and my services.

tune to 105.9 fm and put them to sleep
That's what I play always when I pick up customers .. :smiles: