• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Night Rider bus users in Canberra to get festive season Uber savings

Jack Malarkey

Canberra Times, 28 November 2016, page 7:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/uber-discount-for-night-rider-bus-users-this-festive-season-20161125-gsxccx.html

First paragraph:

'The ACT Government has struck a deal with Uber that will see Night Rider bus users get $10 trip discounts for their "last leg home" from the city this festive season.'

[Edit made on 30 November 2016] Full details as released by Transport Canberra: https://www.transport.act.gov.au/routes-and-timetables/new-night-rider

Last edited:

Jack Malarkey

Uber absorbs $5 of the $10 discount (without affecting drivers) and the ACT Government pays the remaining $5.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Jack Malarkey

Did any of you take passengers using the Night Rider discounts last night (Saturday 3 December) or on Friday? How did it go?

I'm visiting the Sunshine Coast in Queensland so am not on top of developments in Canberra.

Last edited:

Thing

Did any of you take passengers using the Night Rider discounts last night (Saturday 3 December) or on Friday? How did it go?

I'm visiting the Sunshine Coast in Queensland so am not on top of developments in Canberra.
There is a lot of visitors up here atm... busy weekend with quite a few surges - hope you are enjoying the warm weather with the occasional summer storm thrown in to spice things up :smiles:

Jack Malarkey

There is a lot of visitors up here atm... busy weekend with quite a few surges - hope you are enjoying the warm weather with the occasional summer storm thrown in to spice things up :smiles:
Thanks, Thing. I'm at Coolum Beach. It's a lovely part of the world. And, yes, I have experienced a couple of summer storms to spice things up.

I drove here so haven't needed to use the local Uber service. But I do turn on the rider app from time to time to get a sense of how busy things are.

Skyblue6

its not good for anyone, taxi drivers lose out becoz of obvious reasons but the night rider will only leave uber with short shitty fares instead of chunky ones from the cbd