Niagara region

RickyDee

I'm from the Falls and have driven in both Hamilton and T.O. I say if the app works wherever you are then why not. BTW what is a ptc licence?

ryan137

I'm from the Falls and have driven in both Hamilton and T.O. I say if the app works wherever you are then why not. BTW what is a ptc licence?

You probably haven't driven in those areas in quite some time if you don't know what a PTC licence is. It is a licence issued to PTC operators (IE. Uber drivers) by the City of Toronto in order to drive there. A few other municipalities such as Mississauga also accept Toronto's PTC licence.

But Niagara region isn't accepting any new drivers. They are not even talking to Uber.

Yeah it's pretty much impossible to get approved for Niagara right now as far as I am aware. I tried a few months ago and was told they aren't taking any new drivers. Everybody else I've heard from has said they experienced the same thing. I think they are trying to stick to locals who will actually drive in the area vs. us GTHA folks who might come in once every few months.

RickyDee

My buddy from Hamilton was approved a while ago for Niagara. He says he has to do two safety's a year now, one for each region.

MUGATS

My buddy from Hamilton was approved a while ago for Niagara. He says he has to do two safety's a year now, one for each region.

If he was smart he would just submit the same safety to both, when the next one is due. At least get them on the same schedule.

MUGATS

That's what I said, he told me they didn't accept the same one for both.

If it hasn't expired, there is no reason they wouldn't. He has 36 days of certificate validity. They probably didn't accept the same one for both because the 36 days had elapsed before he applied in Niagara.