• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Niagara Region Ontario

bruor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How's the business down that way? Niagara Falls?
IME since drivers have been added it's pointless to work weekdays. You get maybe 1-2 requests a night if you are lucky.

Fridays and Saturdays have been OK, but not great. Still a decent amount of rider no shows or cancellations that happen after you spend 5 minutes driving toward a pickup. (2-3 per night). Fridays average about 60/night working from 10pm-3am and Saturdays have been between $110 and $160 from 10pm-4am.

Really hoping to see surge pricing make those numbers jump a bit and show me where to hang out to have a better chance of picking up riders.

It is not uncommon to end up all over the region though. I have gone St Catharines to Niagara Falls to Pelham (middle of nowhere). Also had St Catharines to Welland to Niagara Falls.

bruor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not, I tried to join your channel but it isn't visible. Did you make it public? If not you can add me manually, username is the same as here.

Bobby Loblaw

Guys I'd be interested in joining in. I've been working the d/t Toronto area, but now it is too crowded with traffic - when you do get a request that may or maybe not at surge, that the app says is only 4 minutes away and by the time you get going fighting traffic attempting to get there, the rider usually cancels on you because you are still 6 minutes away, yet you have been driving for 4 minutes. And because it is under that magic window of "5 Minutes" you don't even get the cancellation fee! Sucks the big one.
On top of that you only gross $4 to $7 on the majority of your trips. Yea every once in a blue moon you'll get a trip from d/t to the airport (Pearson not the Island) on a 1.5X surge and you net $34 to $38 but then you have to dead head back to TO.

"I want a new place, One that won't make me sick, One that won't make me crash my car One that won't hurt my head One that won't make my mouth too dry or make my eyes too red One that won't make me nervous One that won't spill One that don't cost too much Or come in a pill One that won't go away One that won't keep me up all night One that won't make me sleep all day One that does what it should One that won't make me feel too bad One that won't make me feel too good One with no doubt One that won't make me talk too much Or make my face break out I want a new place."
Credit to :Huey Lewis & The News

What is "zello channel"?

ggbrown

Hey Admin,

"Niagara Region" may be most appropriate as a forum title. This is often used to cover a number of cities in the area including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland, Port Colborne, Lincoln, West Lincoln, Thorold, Grimsby, and Fort Erie. They can be close together. For example I drive in Niagara Falls but had a pax go to St. Catharines where I got my next ping for that city.

Additionally, Uber has classified this area as 'Niagara Region', which you can see on their site if you Google 'uber niagara region'. I'd provide a link but I'm not worthy yet!

Amun

Hey Admin,

"Niagara Region" may be most appropriate as a forum title. This is often used to cover a number of cities in the area including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland, Port Colborne, Lincoln, West Lincoln, Thorold, Grimsby, and Fort Erie. They can be close together. For example I drive in Niagara Falls but had a pax go to St. Catharines where I got my next ping for that city.

Additionally, Uber has classified this area as 'Niagara Region', which you can see on their site if you Google 'uber niagara region'. I'd provide a link but I'm not worthy yet!
What they mean is this entire thread has been about a Hamilton zello channel that most of the Hamilton partners don't use. When this should have been a thread to get Niagara region its own city page like Toronto or Hamilton have.

Wolfmaan

I would like to see a Niagara Region city thread created.

We need to have a minimum of three people post from the Niagara Region to create this.

The cities, but not limited to, include:

- St. Catharines
- Thorold
- Niagara On The Lake
- Niagara Falls
- Pelham
- Wainfleet
- Smithville
- Port Colborne
- Fort Erie
- Lowbanks

Plus a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

ggbrown

Apparently we need 3 active members to create the Niagara thread. You and I make 2.

Where do you drive?

Wolfmaan

I drive mostly Niagara Falls. I've found out of most of the region, it has a high number of short km trips.

ggbrown

I drive the Falls also. I'm always happy with longer trips to St. Catharines or Welland, which normally are students going to Niagara College. My last trip yesterday was from the convention centre to Toronto (North York). Good fare, but took me 2 hrs to get home!