Next Change-Back to Deactivation for Low Acceptance Rate

jerseycrooner

Here's my prediction. Many of you new drivers don't know once upon a time Uber deactivated drivers for a low acceptance rate. Something like a 90% acceptance rate was ideal by Uber's standards. Failure to meet the standard often led to deactivation. I predict we head backwards to those days.

just uberX

Here's my prediction. Many of you new drivers don't know once upon a time Uber deactivated drivers for cancrllin
They still do deactivate for high cancellation rate . I would like to see uber try to deactivate us for low acceptance rate. Them making manditory for us to to have 80 percent or higher acceptance rate, that would classify us as employee isnt it??

Kevin7889

Here's my prediction. Many of you new drivers don't know once upon a time Uber deactivated drivers for a low acceptance rate. Something like a 90% acceptance rate was ideal by Uber's standards. Failure to meet the standard often led to deactivation. I predict we head backwards to those days.
The courts will not allow Uber and Lyft to deactivate us for low acceptance rate but I guarantee Uber and Lyft will put something in your algorithm to punish those with low acceptance rates!

Last edited:

pvtandrewmalone

Let the punishment begin!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-185828.png
    Screenshot_20170928-185828.png
    29 KB · Views: 128

jerseycrooner

They still do deactivate for high cancellation rate . I would like to see uber try to deactivate us for low acceptance rate. Them making manditory for us to to have 80 percent or higher acceptance rate, that would classify us as employee isnt it??
Yes, that was the concept. We could be employees if Uber required its drivers accept s certain percentage of rides. That concept may be revisited by Uber.

just uberX

Sorry man dint realize you edited your post lol.

Let the punishment begin!
You sir are A smart driver . Surge only ehh??

NHDriver

When I first signed on it was 80% acceptance rate before deactivation. Right now I have 88% AR and 30% CR. I am only P/T driving now and last week I was sitting in a 2.5 surge and kept getting pings over 15min away. I was accepting them to see if they were surge, they weren't so I cancelled them. When you don't do high volume of rides your rate changes drastically really quick if you don't accept or cancel.

SuzeCB

The courts will not allow Uber and Lyft to deactivate us for low acceptance rate but I guarantee Uber and Lyft will put something in your algorithm to punish those with low acceptance rates!
Who says they haven't already?

When somebody tosses this out as a reason that they haven't gotten any rides, I always say that I've gotten rides. And I have, despite the fact that my acceptance rate has been fluctuating between 30 and 60 for at least the last 6 months. Actually, at one point I had it down to 13%.

But maybe I'm not getting the longer rides. Maybe my market is just so busy that it can handle that little note in the algorithm and still give me work. Maybe I position myself better than most of the ants. Maybe I just get lucky. Who knows?

As much as everyone goes on about the algorithm does this and the algorithm does that, there are actually very few people who know exactly what the algorithm does in each and every single instance. The algorithm is the secret recipe in this business. Uber doesn't want lift getting it, and lift doesn't want to Uber getting it, and nobody wants the drivers or Riders getting it.

You got a better case trying to get the secret recipe for Coca-Cola or Colonel Sanders original recipe.

pvtandrewmalone

Timeouts take cars off the road, just like destination filters. Cars off the road means "higher ETAs" or surge. That's why they don't do timeouts anymore.

Last edited:

MrChristopherK

You're probably correct because right now they're paying consecutive boost to get us to accept... Why pay us when they can force us for free...? :mad:

pvtandrewmalone

Interesting. I haven't had a timeout since Summer 2016. And I'm at 3% acceptance.

I use the "Long Trip" tag as a filter. When I set a DF for EWR from Princeton, anything with that tag has about a 95% chance of being EWR. I "No Thanks" everything else.

Hopefully the "Long Trip" tag isn't the next thing they take away.