• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

News Rideshare Min. Wage set in New York

NOLA gUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although I have only driven a year and a half, the pay has decreased considerably.

Shagnasty

Although I have only driven a year and a half, the pay has decreased considerably.
Yeah, mine is down significantly and the new app is full of crap. It locks up (NEVER had that issue with the old app) it constantly lies that you are in a busy area when you are not and attempts to send me to the middle of empty city blocks where nothing is happening in the name of it being a busy area. These are obvious tricks to attempt to distract you that the surges happen less and less. Either they are reducing them to save money, have far too many drivers, or some combination of both. Uber is a turn and burn organization that is happy to use people and their cars up while giving just enough money to get by. Drivers burn out, Uber turns out more new drivers who have no clue and the cycle goes on and on.

Shagnasty

Minimum wage idea is a bad one. Maybe Uber will be better after it goes public.
I think min wage is a good idea as it incentivises Uber to not have unlimited amounts of drivers. Fewer drivers would mean more reasonable earnings. The current system for New Orleans is a turn and burn where they don't care about the drivers as they can always get more suckers.

stevedmc

A minimum rate is a horrible idea. One of the benefits of Uber is you can work and stop whenever you want. You can't do that if you are an hourly employee. Merry Christmas everyone. Uber on.