Newbie Uber Lux Starting

Uber1kenobi

Hey all,

Starting this week as a PT job, I'll be driving a Cadi SRX as I try to get some Lux rides. I wanted to know if there is a way to avoid Pool pings, and just get pings from Lux or UberX, didn't see it anywhere on the settings.

Also, Is the button down shirt and slacks a must for Lux Miami drivers?

Thanks!

Uber1kenobi

Last edited:

Uber1kenobi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you serious? this is the advise you give on a forum where Uber drivers supposedly share ideas and help each other?

TravisNJ

The fact that in a Cadillac SRX you'd want to do Lux and X astounds me. Can you make money doing X runs where you get paid $0.85 a mile, subtract Uber's 25% commission ($0.21 cents a mile), and get left with $0.64 a mile?

Oh, and by the way, you cannot turn POOL off and do X (unless you get extremely lucky @@@@ing with support.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but doing LUX is a full time job. Full time because you'll often wait hours between jobs due to an abundance of supply and extremely low demand.

Uber1kenobi

Setup a Lux only profile, it the only way to avoid pool. Email support and keep bugging them til they do it.
Thank you!, going to do a few UberX to get use to the App for a few days. Then I'll try contacting support.

TravisNJ

Whether you do X or LUX, the app is the same. Get it fixed so at least you are not losing money constantly doing X and POOL.

Uber1kenobi

Whether you do X or LUX, the app is the same. Get it fixed so at least you are not losing money constantly doing X and POOL.
Agreed, but I'd think that Lux riders may be less tolerant than X if I run it to a newbie mistake, reason why I want to do some X to make sure I learn the App 1st.

TravisNJ

...It's actually the opposite. X riders are more demanding and @@@@@@baggy than LUX.

Have you figured out the money side of Uber? Thats the first mistake that new drivers make. (Even without tires, upkeep, and depreciation, with gas at around $2.20, you are running a minimum expense at $0.12 a mile. That means out of the $0.64 a mile, you only get $0.52 a mile for X. For POOL, you'd get a whopping $0.44 cents a mile.

Uber1kenobi

...It's actually the opposite. X riders are more demanding and ******baggy than LUX.

Have you figured out the money side of Uber? Thats the first mistake that new drivers make.
I'll figured out the money once I'll get a good idea on how much I can average per week driving Lux. Right now I have no idea if this even a good PT job... my car is paid off so my overhead won't be that much.

Uber chick in miami

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. No need for fancy attire for Lux in my opinion. I wear t-shirt, jeans, sneakers and my great personality and I do LUX.

You'll soon realize that other drivers will not want to share to much info as we all have had to figure it out ourselves. This is survival of the fittest out here. Lol.. good luck

Uber chick in miami

I
people still driving lux cars in x platform , all i can say is hahahaha is not my car my money, good for them

It is actually bad that pax get lux cars at x fares. They start getting used to getting nicer cars and they won't order lux as much. I notice that when they order Lux and cancel immediately, the cheap bastards are looking for luxsuv at a lower rate. Some pax have figured out the app. I had one pax one time cancel 3 times and then he finally gave up and ended up picking up pax.
I asked him, was there something wrong with your app? Lol. Of course I knew what he was doing. Cheap Aholes. I'll keep picking up request until they give up or order the higher fare.

Last edited:

Uber1kenobi

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. No need for fancy attire for Lux in my opinion. I wear t-shirt, jeans, sneakers and my great personality and I do LUX.

You'll soon realize that other drivers will not want to share to much info as we all have had to figure it out ourselves. This is survival of the fittest out here. Lol.. good luck

Thanks! just like every sales floor I've ever work before... is like the hunger games... LOL I'll report later how it goes...

Brian-drives

If you are going to do "Lux only" you will need.
1. A good book
2. Mosquito repellent.
3. Patience

I do Lux only and sometimes it's 1-2 hours between rides during the summer.
Last week 33 hours on line and 16 trips.
These were all prime time good hours.

Best of luck.

Yes "X" riders a lot more demanding than LUX riders.

Uber1kenobi

If you are going to do "Lux only" you will need.
1. A good book
2. Mosquito repellent.
3. Patience

I do Lux only and sometimes it's 1-2 hours between rides during the summer.
Last week 33 hours on line and 16 trips.
These were all prime time good hours.

Best of luck.

Yes "X" riders a lot more demanding than LUX riders.

Lol thanks, what about the rest of the year, are you doing Lux and X ? or just Lux PT?

Brian-drives

It all depends what area you are in.
Season is November-April it is busier.

It's really tough out three doing lux.
You need a little luck and a lot of patience. Sometimes I will take a X just to recharge the car battery.

You will learn.