• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Newbie to Eats - how many minutes to wait before tapping 'order not ready'?

EmJay79

Hey all *wave*

First day on the job for Uber Eats. After arriving at a restaurant, how long do you wait before tapping 'order not ready'?

Also - I have done 5 deliveries so far but no customer has put in a rating from what I can see on my app. Is this usual?

Lastly- any tips for making this a success and worthwhile are warmly welcomed :smiles: Particularly if not working in CBD - I'm outer metro.

HotUberMess

Man I am so sick of orders not ready.. originally they were actually supposed to be ready for you.

I give it three minutes. But I deliver in a big metro where I can get another ping immediately. You may want to wait longer if there is some wait time between pings anyway.

Vivekp

Hey all *wave*

First day on the job for Uber Eats. After arriving at a restaurant, how long do you wait before tapping 'order not ready'?

Also - I have done 5 deliveries so far but no customer has put in a rating from what I can see on my app. Is this usual?

Lastly- any tips for making this a success and worthwhile are warmly welcomed :smiles: Particularly if not working in CBD - I'm outer metro.
Hi MJ79
I usually mark it not ready to use and cancel it in a couple of minutes. The Uber system is designed to ping the driver AFTER the food is ready. Some restaurants misuse and waste drivers time.

Best thing one can do, in my own experience is to accept orders only 5 min away or so, and cancel the order if not ready on arrivall, and wait for a new one. This prevents one from feeling victimised, teaches the reataresta to respect drivers time, and prevents U from getting a poor rating for late delivery.
I've been doing Uber eats for a year now. And this is the best way I could think of dealing with time wastage by restaurants. I make decent money, so I beliebb this startegy works.

Michael Hall

I have found when you click the not ready button when you get to the restaurant and leave that screen open after you click not ready don’t click the X button until you receive the order then it adds like $0.80 to $1.00 more to the order. I have delivered to the same customer 2 times last night same distance and the first time it was $6.00 after a driver told me the tip of leaving that screen open when I did another delivery I found it was $7.00 instead and I went the same way out and everything. I don’t know if this works but I’m testing this theory out.

KITT

Hey all *wave*

Welcome EmJay79!

I immediately tap it as soon as I am told its not ready.

I have stopped looking at my ratings. I only look at my earnings.

I personally do not accept pings of more than 5 mins away unless its on the way back to my home base. I avoid CBD pick ups too.

Take time to read restaurant instructions (e.g. collect order from back door, bring insulated bag), customer instructions.

Set some money aside for tax season.

Goodluck!

VROY87

Hey all wave

As soon as you arrive Nd they tell you it's not ready yet...

Jack Malarkey

I have found when you click the not ready button when you get to the restaurant and leave that screen open after you click not ready don’t click the X button until you receive the order then it adds like $0.80 to $1.00 more to the order. I have delivered to the same customer 2 times last night same distance and the first time it was $6.00 after a driver told me the tip of leaving that screen open when I did another delivery I found it was $7.00 instead and I went the same way out and everything. I don’t know if this works but I’m testing this theory out.
In Australia, no additional amounts are payable for long waits.

tsmit44

No additional money where I am. Just paid for time accepted until the time delivered. I was wondering the same thing at first. Anything extra helps lol

EmJay79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm interesting! Have you tried again & how did it go?

Kurko

If you are doing eats for a job your customers will eat but you will starve.
Yep been starving last few days...best I can afford is a 3.99 chicken sandwich at Popeye's once a day I have lost 30 pounds doing Uber eats.. and I'm thin so that's not too good..tried a value meal at Culver's got sick ..no one will cook at home while I'm driving so a quick once a day cheap value meal or sandwich is all I get each day ...have not eaten at a sit down restaurant for at least a year

prk

Yep been starving last few days...best I can afford is a 3.99 chicken sandwich at Popeye's once a day I have lost 30 pounds doing Uber eats.. and I'm thin so that's not too good..tried a value meal at Culver's got sick ..no one will cook at home while I'm driving so a quick once a day cheap value meal or sandwich is all I get each day ...have not eaten at a sit down restaurant for at least a year
check out the soup kitchens at a place near you.
Post automatically merged:

in Adelaide they're in Whitmore Square, and Hurtle Square every night except Saturday Nights.

My3centsSuperbowl

check out the soup kitchens at a place near you.
Post automatically merged:

in Adelaide they're in Whitmore Square, and Hurtle Square every night except Saturday Nights.
I wonder if they serve crackers. They go great with any soup.