1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

newbie question

Discussion in 'Advice' started by bernie82, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bernie82

bernie82

I pull up in front of a customers home. Customer gets in my car. Do I just sit there until the app decides to give me the pick up customer Icon? What can I do to force the pick up Icon to come up on the bottom of the screen. Customer asks to be dropped off somewhere other than his destination.. How do I communicate to the APP that the trip has been completed?

2. SteveGo

SteveGo

Sound like you are running an old version. It used to have that problem about a month ago. Make sure you have the latest version.

The app knows where you took the passenger. When you complete the trip it has the actual destination from GPS. Is always good to have the pax make the destination correct. They can do that any time during the ride. But you don't have to do that ex post.

3. Avi-ator

Avi-ator

Driving:
    UberX
    That happened on my first ride but that was because I elected to use google maps instead of the native navigation app. If you use google maps, don't overlook the notification bar at the top of the screen, it's easy to miss when you're trying to absorb everything else, you'll need to tap that before and after each ride to bring up the "start/end" ride options. You prob got the answer already so hopefully this helps someone else. The video don't mention that and trying to figure it out, on the fly, with a passenger waiting in your car, well, you get it...