newbie question regarding uber pool

Jongho park

hi guys
i know u all hate pool.
what happens if i don't accept 2nd request and just drive one customer?
will i get uber x price?
do you guys don't accept pool ping ever unless its surging?
also what do you do when you go to pickup location and there are more than 2 people?
do you cancel and get cancelling fee?

Ketofats

regarding pool, it depends on the driver's gameplan. For example if you need to get ride count up monday through thursday in order to cherry pick over the weekend, pool can be very advantageous, plus you don't want to have a low acceptance rate. I like have 100% acceptance rate entering the weekend which will allow me to be in the drivers seat and make a lot of money over the weekend by letting some pings go.

if i know i already have 80 rides in before friday, it might be cool to pick up 1 pool, get that pool over with and ignore the rest of the pools so the weekend is a lot of fun.

the reason why some people would hate pool on here is because they are part time drivers who only like to work the surge, because they probably have another job and what not but pool i would say is best for getting ride count up.

Reactions: Noy

LA Dispatcher

regarding pool, it depends on the driver's gameplan. For example if you need to get ride count up monday through thursday in order to cherry pick over the weekend, pool can be very advantageous, plus you don't want to have a low acceptance rate. I like have 100% acceptance rate entering the weekend which will allow me to be in the drivers seat and make a lot of money over the weekend by letting some pings go.

if i know i already have 80 rides in before friday, it might be cool to pick up 1 pool, get that pool over with and ignore the rest of the pools so the weekend is a lot of fun.

the reason why some people would hate pool on here is because they are part time drivers who only like to work the surge, because they probably have another job and what not but pool i would say is best for getting ride count up.
Acceptance rate doesn't matter much unless you are on hourly. You can start cherry picking before the weekend.

Jongho park

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey thanks for lengthy and detailed reply!
I get what you are saying.
I think when you say you already have 80 rides
And thatll get you plat status and you can
Cherry pick rides on weekend.
Since you dont have to worry about ur acceptance rate
And u already have enough ride to get you a plat.
Do you know if rids that was done in la county will count towards medal incentive? Or does it have to be in core area?

twobucca2

You make some good points here. Your strategy is exactly my strategy.

Thinking about it gives me an idea: You put part-time drivers and full-time drivers on the same, level playing field (as far as right requests or concerned). Only now, part-time drivers HAVE to accept pool requests, where as full-time drivers don't even get a pool request, unless they have them turned on.

Wouldn't this solve the problem?
For both Uber and the drivers?

Drive4$

Uber pool its only for two.....when they request the app ask them how many seats they will need... theres only two options...one or two.

Jongho park

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber pool its only for two.....when they request the app ask them how many seats they will need... theres only two options...one or two.
Yea howver i had given pool ride for more than 2 people. I knew it was not right but ive already drove 10 minutes to pick up that customer. I didnt know what to do so i just gave them a ride. I wanted to ask you guys how to deal with that situation