Newbie Question - pool rider confirmation

PuberTO

Hi guys,
I have been accepting Uber pool for quite a long time, but don't know the real purpose of the two rider buttons (like Lisa and Lisa-1) that show up at pick up. Uber tells us to confirm which rider to let in, but I normally go with the one that is selected by default and never faced any problem because I never accepted the second pool rider until the new automatic rider inclusion rule took effect this week. There are three possibilities that came into my mind...

A) Are these two different profiles (Business and private) of the same rider? In that case why should I choose which profile they are going to bill?

B) Do they just mean the total number of riders? Should I select both if the rider brings a friend?

C) Do they represent the serial of the pool riders? What are the chances that two different pool riders show up at the same pick up location at the same time? (It is technically possible isn't it?) Why should the second rider be named after the first rider with a number added to it?

I know only one of the scenarios is correct and others are just stupid speculation, although sounds pretty logical to me. I just included those to show that I am not a lazy answer seeker and thought about this issue a lot.

Please just answer A, B or C.... or else if none of them are correct! Thanks in advance...

the rebel

Why would you provide UberX service for Uber pool? That is what you were doing not accepting any more riders after the 1st.

to answer your questions
No they are not 2 profiles, it is asking how many riders, UBerpool only allows for up to 3 passengers, so if you pick up 2 at one stop and 1 at another than they will not send you anymore until you drop off at least 1. They will not send you a pickup that has indicated 2 riders if you picked up 2 from the 1st stop. If you pick up 1 at each stop than you may pickup a total of 3 times before the 1st drop off.

FARIS

I was doing the same before I joined this forum , Im not giving pool rides anymore but if rarely will take them all to piss them off so they can stop ordering pool

PuberTO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you provide UberX service for Uber pool? That is what you were doing not accepting any more riders after the 1st.

to answer your questions
No they are not 2 profiles, it is asking how many riders, UBerpool only allows for up to 3 passengers, so if you pick up 2 at one stop and 1 at another than they will not send you anymore until you drop off at least 1. They will not send you a pickup that has indicated 2 riders if you picked up 2 from the 1st stop. If you pick up 1 at each stop than you may pickup a total of 3 times before the 1st drop off.
Thanks for detail reply. The reason I accept the first Uberpool is I have a target income each night. As soon as I meet that target, I go home (usually with in 3 hours). So it doesn't matter if I get 25% less as long as my gas money is covered and since most of my pings are UberX, I don't bother much. I wouldn't accept matching trips because of the complexity and fear of getting poor rating. Still, I try to avoid pool as much as possible. However, now Uber is automatically adding matching trips to the pool and setting up the GPS for me, the complexity part is mostly gone. I have been trying to scare riders telling them that now I have no choice on rejecting the second matching ping and now on, they have to pray for Uber only if they don't want to share their ride during pool. And that 2 minute auto cancellation is scaring off a lot of riders too. So I hope inconvenience will rule over the savings and rider will stop using pool eventually.

I have another question, so if a rider named Lisa shows up with a friend, should I click both Lisa and Lisa-1? I think Uber should change the wording of 'confirm the rider' and write 'confirm the number of rider' to avoid confusion.

the rebel

Thanks for detail reply. The reason I accept the first Uberpool is I have a target income each night. As soon as I meet that target, I go home (usually with in 3 hours). So it doesn't matter if I get 25% less as long as my gas money is covered and since most of my pings are UberX, I don't bother much. I wouldn't accept matching trips because of the complexity and fear of getting poor rating. Still, I try to avoid pool as much as possible. However, now Uber is automatically adding matching trips to the pool and setting up the GPS for me, the complexity part is mostly gone. I have been trying to scare riders telling them that now I have no choice on rejecting the second matching ping and now on, they have to pray for Uber only if they don't want to share their ride during pool. And that 2 minute auto cancellation is scaring off a lot of riders too. So I hope inconvenience will rule over the savings and rider will stop using pool eventually.

I have another question, so if a rider named Lisa shows up with a friend, should I click both Lisa and Lisa-1? I think Uber should change the wording of 'confirm the rider' and write 'confirm the number of rider' to avoid confusion.
Just trying to have your gross fares hit a certain number is a terrible way to do things, in many markets your profit margin on Uberx is not much more than 20% in many markets which is basically what Uberpool saves customers, justifying it that as long as it covers gas is not a good move long term. You are forgetting the extra costs for the insurance, the additional upkeep on the car, the additional depreciation, the additional costs to a data plan. You can either start to figure out those costs now, or wait until you have a major repair to your vehicle and realize that all that money you have made from Uber just went into fixing your car.

Lisa+1 is the correct answer, you are picking up 2 passengers and that is all it is asking you. Do not make it to hard and think to much about it, you just want to make sure the system knows how many people you have in the car.

uberist

Avoid pool.... But if you must accept.

Remember to hit +1 if they have any bag backpack or suitcase it counts as a plus one.