Uber Drivers Forum banner

Newbie in Dayton with question about airport

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  NoNameNoGame 
#1 ·
I am a newbie in Dayton, and I was wondering if there was a trick or anything anyone would share about getting rides at the airport in Dayton. Also, the best place to park. I have sat and sat and rarely got rides at the airport. They are awesome when I get them but few and far between.

#3 ·
I tried trolling the airport by waiting in Vandallia and got no hits, but I know of another driver who has a technique he won't share that nets him a couple of airport home trips a day.

I got my first Airport return trip just the other day by pure chance. Was very far away in downtown Dayton and got buzzed at nearly 1 AM by a returning businessman when there was absolutely no other Uber drivers around. Pure luck though.

#5 ·
I lived in Dayton up until May and as has been said, very very slow market outside of bar hours. I'd regularly deadhead (drive empty) an hour south to Cincy because it just busier down there, generally speaking

The airport can be semi-reliable source of rides but only in the late evenings. Forget about it in the daytime. Unlike most airports around the country the rental car companies here at the Dayton airport aren't 24 hours but close at 10. That means a higher likelihood of an Uber request from someone coming off one of the late evening flights. I'd usually luck out 80% if the time if I was in the queue by 9 pm-ish

#6 ·
I avoid the airport in Columbus like the plague, there are drivers who will wait HOURS to catch a ride, the line is usually 50+ long unless you got very early in the morning. I’d imagine Dayton is similar. A good place to try and catch rides is the greyhound bus station, you might gets the occasional sketchy person but usually it’s college kids trying to save a buck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.