Newbie here

justbecause

Hey guys! I'm a fairly new driver (since May) and today was my first day out during a weekday, in the day time. I'm sure you know I've wasted a lot of gas lol is it even worth driving during the day time. Also, is Akron its own market or can we drive in both Cleveland and Akron? Anybody have any tips? I'm taking a personal leave from my primary job in September and wanted to use driving as my supplemental income for that month but it's not looking too good thus far. Thanks for any advice!

Michael - Cleveland

welcome!
Driving weekday hours can be worth your time if you focus on the hours when people are moving around.
It's common sense, really:
- early mornings as people go to work (or to the airport)
- late afternoons/eves as people go home from work
- late night when the bars close

justbecause

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah well I have kid so my schedule doesn't sync up with that too well lol. I got out right after everyone went to work and had to pick up my son from daycare as they're getting off. I had zero luck at the airport. I guess weekends/nights will be more my speed. Thanks though!

crookedhalo

I find nights to be best and not just on weekends. I've had some pretty good Monday nights in the past, not much surge but not many drivers either.

justbecause

Yeah I'm thinking I'll have to try nights. I'm just afraid if I'm out at night more then there will be more chances for crazies Have you had any crazies?

Letting everyone know there is an event in Akron on October 6 and 7 that will generate rides. State wide architects convention at the John S. Knight Center. Thursday night is the ice breaker reception and then Friday night is the awards dinner. Will post schedule later to give peak ride times.

Uberdriverssuck

Hey guys! I'm a fairly new driver (since May) and today was my first day out during a weekday, in the day time. I'm sure you know I've wasted a lot of gas lol is it even worth driving during the day time. Also, is Akron its own market or can we drive in both Cleveland and Akron? Anybody have any tips? I'm taking a personal leave from my primary job in September and wanted to use driving as my supplemental income for that month but it's not looking too good thus far. Thanks for any advice!
Ya probly should of done ur homework firsr then u would relize ur gonna make 5 bucks an hour if ur lucky after everything thats all il say i learned it the hard way

pandabear908

I may be doing it all wrong...but I usually start at the airport...wait a bit...then set a stopping point east (mine is pretty far) and going till I get a request. Usually works well for me

justbecause

I may be doing it all wrong...but I usually start at the airport...wait a bit...then set a stopping point east (mine is pretty far) and going till I get a request. Usually works well for me
That's what I was trying to do but I'm literally sitting at the airport and watched 3 cars pull up behind me and get rides LOL I'm ready to wash my hands with this outside of weekend driving.