• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

newbie here driver changed destination - reduced my fare

Klops

So I pick up a couple drive 6 miles to a location and they ask me to wait a minute. While they were in the post office they must have changed the destination from where we were to another location probably 8 miles away.
I accepted it and now I spent 30 min driving 15 miles along with the wait in the store for $8.00! The couple said that I would see 2 different fares. Will Uber fix it?
I put in a destination change but how should I have handled it? Not accepted it on the app??
Thanks...
sucks to be screwed my 1st week in...
Klops

PowerTrip

Look at the trip map, you can change the destination all day long, it still show where you started and ended. That is what the rider pays for.
If the address doesn't show up on the app and you drove the rider from A to B then C it will be on the trip map. If you just drove them and it's not on the trip map , then you may not be smart enough to be an UBER Driver.

Klops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply... would it be 2 trips or just 1 trip with a stop and a final destination?

PowerTrip

It would be two trips if you received two request thru the APP. Go through the APP click the trip in question then click need help for UBER Support

Klops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK the trip map shows the entire up and down the road but rider said it would be 2 trips but I just see the 1. I submitted for help but will see if they adjust it. I appreciate the help but have a question.... the rider told me not to stop meter and then sent a request through the app which I accepted. So my thought is that whenever I get to one destination I have to stop the meter and then that rider would have to do a ride request for their next destination?
Is there a guide that I should have received? I feel like I'm figuring this all out on my own! haha and driving my wife crazy since she is typing all this out!!

PowerTrip

If you got a request picked up at Point A took them to Point B waited on them and did not get another request but a Point C address because you didn't end the ride. Then it is one Trip.

FlDriver

You didn't get screwed. The rider is allowed to change their mind about where they want to go. They don't even have to enter a destination when they order the ride. What matters is where the ride started and ended, not what they typed into the app.

If you have to wait for them to run in and do something, leave the ride going so you get paid for the minutes you spend waiting. If they say they will be more than 10 minutes or so, I would end the ride and tell them to order another ride when they are ready to leave. That's what I did the other day when a rider asked if I could wait while she went to a 30-minute job interview. I said no and dropped her off. That saved her money by not being charged for the waiting time and let me go off to the next ride.

Bob Reynolds

I will wait five minutes for a rider when they want to "run in and get something".

At five minutes my app will often magically end the ride and they will need to request another ride.

Sometimes it's me again and sometimes it will be another driver.

It depends on the demand in the area at that time.

Manotas

You didn't get screwed. The rider is allowed to change their mind about where they want to go. They don't even have to enter a destination when they order the ride. What matters is where the ride started and ended, not what they typed into the app.

If you have to wait for them to run in and do something, leave the ride going so you get paid for the minutes you spend waiting. If they say they will be more than 10 minutes or so, I would end the ride and tell them to order another ride when they are ready to leave. That's what I did the other day when a rider asked if I could wait while she went to a 30-minute job interview. I said no and dropped her off. That saved her money by not being charged for the waiting time and let me go off to the next ride.
10 minute wait? For me is more like 3 minutes... I always tell the Pax I'm willing to wait a couple of minutes (maybe more if the Pax is nice), at the 3 minute mark I end the ride & give them a low rating because I know they'll do the same to me anyway.