1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Newbie - 3rd week.... And have found a TON of success (avg $150, before tips, for 7 hours of work)

Discussion in 'Pay' started by mitchell8992, Feb 14, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  3. Yes, and I would pay if I could boost my hourly earnings by 100%

20.0%
  1. Hskrgrlusa

Hskrgrlusa Well-Known Member

No one is making what they should or FEEL they deserve. This site has its share of sarcastic little devils so be prepared to lower yourself to their level or ignore their comments. Good luck in your new venture :)

2. mitchell8992

mitchell8992 New Member

[QUOTE="Good luck in your new venture :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I think what a lot of people are missing here is the positive utility that can be gained by travel time. Both the passenger and the driver have a unique ability to benefit in the societal network of relationships, and the gifts that relationships can provide.
    "In pursuing the concept that ‘travel time is a gift’, (I) have argued that time has to be given up, whether considered wasted or not, to network participation. In some instances, this giving up of time goes unrecognised. However, we suggest that experience of travelling through the way in which the journey is ‘crafted’ between the traveller, accompanied objects, and travel space can extend the concept of the gift of travel time. Shaping travel time to have a positive utility therefore benefits the traveller and those s/he interact with... Thus, transition, time out and equipping time coalesce in affording the traveller opportunities, which may positively impart on destination relationships or activities."​

If used correctly, networking opportunities are endless as a rideshare driver. Your traveler is taken out of the demands of ordianry life, and in many instances there is value that they can offer you as the driver. There is a lot of studies and work being put into the idea of travel as a positive utility in modern culture, as a gift in many ways. As drivers, we can use the vulnerability of a successful individual to tap into knowledge, networks, relationships, advice, etc. I have found and am grateful for many gifts from passengers... passengers who are executives or well connected decision makers in society. People love to help. We are in a unique position to ask for that help.

3. Hilljacker

Hilljacker Well-Known Member

Start your blog already and let us decide if it is useful or not.

paperchase8055 and Shangsta like this.
  4. 7milesout

7milesout Member

What I'm gathering is that Ubering / ridesharing, should be an old man's gig. I'm almost there. And I mean that positively. I hope to be an old man one day. Becoming deceased at a young age is tragic (had a brother die at 37, that kind of stuff is unbelievably tragic). Anyway, you young guys (I'm 45), need to be hustling to get a real career started. There's hustle required to start your career, and there's hustle required to get yourself into the position to have a career. I think you young guys need to focus on one of the previous 2 requirements. If you have free time while doing your collegiate studies, OK, yeah, drive. Otherwise, do what you gotta do to hussle. If you're under 30 and ridesharing for a living ... you're wasting your time, abilities, and life.

Retired guys just want or need a bit of play money. So generating low amounts is OK. But you young limberbacks, need to do something that generates more income, or to be spending your time prepping yourself to have a career that will allow you to make a good living. Not driving hooptie cars around for peanuts.

My perspective is, I'm already making a good living. I UberSELECT / Lyft Premier for extra money to buy toys for me, my boys (like BMX stuff, airline tickets to travel with the Church, yada yada yada). Not required ... it's like ... free money. My sons are old enough now to where when I'm at home with them, they're doing their own thing. Gaming, homework, playing outside. They're not wrestling around with daddy anymore, they're beyond that. So ... what am I going to do? Sit around and watch friggin TV? I don't like sitting and wasting time on TV. So, I take my baby limo out and ride some really nice (and usually wealthy) people around, because I get a kick at how much these wealthy guys talk about how much nicer my car is (especially the sound system) than their Merc. And, then they pay me money! I get a kick out of that. And then I play with the money. I don't need it to live. My perspective.

Take it from a half old guy, go hustle around and get a career started. Don't waste time in your hooptie for peanuts.

7milesout

5. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

LOL send me your ssn and I'll teach you how to make 50 dollars an hour doing Uber.

Hint: Don't be such a gullible fool

6. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

No one is being mean to the guy it's just taking in jest this idea he's an expert in three weeks.

I also don't buy that he makes 22 an hour avoiding nights and weekends.

Everyone knows Uber is dead between 10 am and 4 pm.

LoveTheBlues and Grahamcracker like this.
  7. 7milesout

7milesout Member

I was thinking manymancruz was being facetious.

8. LoveTheBlues

LoveTheBlues Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    MeritoriousMOE and Grahamcracker like this.
  9. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

I have a better proverb for you Spencerian, since you are waxing all eloquent on us deplorables.
    "Uber giveth and Uber taketh away "
    Elmo Burrito

10. mitchell8992

mitchell8992 New Member

Agree 100 percent. The question should be how many relationships can I make today not dollars and cents I am looking to provide that type of advice and perspective

11. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles Well-Known Member

I wanna know! :D Now that's something I'd be more interested in than a blog

Shangsta likes this.
  12. nameless313

nameless313 Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You make good money the first few months. Then you get idled down like the rest of us. "Pot stuck" At least that's what I feel if your making that in that amount of time daily.

13. Jurisinceptor

Jurisinceptor Active Member

Hahhhaaahaha!!!!!

14. Buddywannaride

Buddywannaride Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You would make more if you got the proper cut of the upfront fare.

15. Newwber

Newwber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you've had actual job offers.... and still think Boobering is your best alternative..... in my mind, that decision nullifies anything you have to contribute!

BallerX and Shangsta like this.
  16. Bleach

Bleach Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow.

Shangsta likes this.
  17. WVboyinOH

WVboyinOH Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

Nope!​

18. Fuber1

Fuber1 Active Member

This newbie is a complete fool first of all there is no pay pic which means he is lying he thinks grossing 20 an hour is a ton of success with expenses he is netting less than minimum wage with no job
    Benefits and supporting a fraud scam illegal company I hope he gets hit and has to pay medical and car damages out of pocket when he realizes he has no insurance yeah start a blog that's a good idea

19. Bleach

Bleach Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Cherry picking eh, are you the chief for the LA mafia?

20. Wynelocked

Wynelocked New Member

So...I'm brand new here.Reading alot to see whats to learn.So far 7milesout has posted what i consider useful info.

You hit the nail on the head.Uber driving should not be a lifelong gig.Bunch of deadbeats driving for Uber at a young age because you're not capable of getting or holding a "real" job.As you can tell from my avatar...I'm an old retired man.I drive for uber for a hobby.It's not about the money for me...I dont need it.I do this to get out of the house a few days a week.If I make $300 a week...I'm happy with that.It's my coffee money.

Go4, Sir Thomas and paperchase8055 like this.