Newbe question i had

Temo85

I am trying to earn 200 dollars a day and from my calculation . I have to drive about 400 miles per day to reach that goal. Does it sound right ? Thank you for the help

Respect_the_ant

I am trying to earn 200 dollars a day and from my calculation . I have to drive about 400 miles per day to reach that goal. Does it sound right ? Thank you for the help
Didn't you already post the same question recently? It depends on your rides and the distances. I can make 200 driving fewer miles and sometimes more. Every ride every day is different. You will have to figure out what works for you. Most drivers are not going to share any information because that means we give up our profits and how much we make. I have my own schedule and methods that works for me because I had to figure what works for me through experience. No one has control over it. Just do the work. There isn't a cookie cutter answer. This was a slower week for me but I normally average 20-25 hr. Sometimes I only work 30-40 hrs a week with 2 days off. My schedule changes alot. My goal is to work smarter not harder. Hope this helps but I am sure you were looking for a more specific answer.
Capture+_2020-02-12-05-45-51.png

Last edited:

Temo85

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't you already post the same question recently? It depends on your rides and the distances. I can make 200 driving fewer miles and sometimes more. Every ride every day is different. You will have to figure out what works for you. Most drivers are not going to share any information because that means we give up our profits and how much we make. I have my own schedule and methods that works for me because I had to figure what works for me through experience. No one has control over it. Just do the work. There isn't a cookie cutter answer. This was a slower week for me but I normally average 20-25 hr. Sometimes I only work 30-40 hrs a week with 2 days off. My schedule changes alot
0 View attachment 414982
Post automatically merged:

Last time I asked about wanting to make 200 dollars and this time I am asking . How many miles a day I need to make two diffrent question . Don't you think? I think these kind of forum will be great if people openly talk about all the experiance without the fear it will be the end of uber because you shared information . Kindness In my view will go long way. If I know something I will teach as many people as I can, because at the end of the day. The satisfaction to help someone out weight the greed to just help myself. That's just my view .

Nice try Ian
Nice profile pic. Is that your cats name ?

Last edited:

Respect_the_ant

Last time I asked about wanting to make 200 dollars and this time I am asking . How many miles a day I need to make two diffrent question . Don't you think? I think these kind of forum will be great if people openly talk about all the experiance without the fear it will be the end of uber because you shared information . Kindness In my view will go long way. If I know something I will teach as many people as I can, because at the end of the day. The satisfaction to help someone out weight the greed to just help myself. That's just my view .

Nice profile pic. Is that your cats name ?
That is definitely one way of looking at it. Let me know how your profits differ in a few months after you share your schedule and "your best kept secrets". Any driver on this forum can confirm one thing to be true. The more you share the less money you make. Most new drivers who come in these forums and/or FB groups want a quick answer without figuring it out for themselves. No offense to you but that translates as being lazy. As I said before, every day is different because no matter what area you work in, it changes from ride to ride. Every area changes from minute to minute depending on the number of drivers in a geographical area.

No-one can tell you how many miles to drive per day to make a specific dollar amount. You have to do the work to figure out how to make it profitable for yourself based on where you live and how far you are willing to travel. Use an excel spreadsheet and plug in your data from each shift. Set a budget how much you spend on gas, keep accurate numbers on your spending from your expenses as well as miles. Then evaluate if you are losing or gaining profit. Be willing to change your plan if you are driving more miles and spending more in gas but making less money. Again, you have to do the work.

If you are offended or consider other drivers to be greedy then I would suggest this is not for the weak of hearts. Maybe you should find a full time job to satisfy your daily requirements or do additional side gigs example: Amazon flex guarantee minimu. $18.00 hr or any other delivery service to make up the difference. You can determine what you need to make to reach your $200 per day goal. Get creative. I live in North Dallas so I am very flexible where I drive. I do use my DF very specific times to maximize the amount of money I make and the right time. What I do may not work for everyone.

Last edited:

Temo85

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is definitely one way of looking at it. Let me know how your profits differ in a few months after you share your schedule and "your best kept secrets". Any driver on this forum can confirm one thing to be true. The more you share the less money you make. Most new drivers who come in these forums and/or FB groups want a quick answer without figuring it out for themselves. No offense to you but that translates as being lazy. As I said before, every day is different because no matter what area you work in, it changes from ride to ride. Every area changes from minute to minute depending on the number of drivers in a geographical area.

No-one can tell you how many miles to drive per day to make a specific dollar amount. You have to do the work to figure out how to make it profitable for yourself based on where you live and how far you are willing to travel. Use an excel spreadsheet and plug in your data from each shift. Set a budget how much you spend on gas, keep accurate numbers on your spending from your expenses as well as miles. Then evaluate if you are losing or gaining profit. Be willing to change your plan if you are driving more miles and spending more in gas but making less money. Again, you have to do the work.

If you are offended or consider other drivers to be greedy then I would suggest this is not for the weak of hearts. Maybe you should find a full time job to satisfy your daily requirements or do additional side gigs example: Amazon flex guarantee minimu. $18.00 hr or any other delivery service to make up the difference. You can determine what you need to make to reach your $200 per day goal. Get creative. I live in North Dallas so I am very flexible where I drive. I do use my DF very specific times to maximize the amount of money I make and the right time. What I do may not work for everyone.
The way I see it uber isn't the only source of income and I understand some people are greedy by nature can't change that part. But I would like to discuss with people that can have open discussion any aspect of the business without feeling threatened like the end of the world because you shared some info. I do I like some of the suggestion you gave I will consider it thank you. Life is about loving and sharing. Greed won't take anybody anywhere. At the time when you started maybe this forum wasn't around but since this forum is here, all drivers should take full advantage, people that don't have positive means to contribute to uber form should move to other things, from the bitterness and greed that eats them alive everyday and they don't prosper in life.

I was just thinking that the market needed more drivers.

Please don't crash into me today on the wet roads.
LOL no man I am a safe drive plus , I am always on postive attitude. Can you will attract what you say.

Last edited:

#professoruber

Honeymoon stage:

Coming onto a public forum and asking other drivers for help with an argument about greed and morals.

Reality Stage:

Get out and drive. Listen to other drivers and the tidbits of information on these forums. Learn from your mistakes. There is no playbook as each drivers mentality is different. We do not know where we will end up so the best thing any driver can do is learn the market.

mbd

How is your mental makeupπŸ’„πŸ˜
If you can handle stress with low level nervousness, you can earn extra on less miles😁😁
You car might get polluted and few disagreements with the pax is part of the dividend yield you get😁 dividend yield is not 1/4rly payouts but hourly😁

Last edited:

TX Uber Ant

As you are finding out with rideshare the market is not a constant demand were we all fish and are successful at getting rides for every hour we put in to it. The market is constantly changing too. You have new drivers like yourself signing up to drive everyday while the drivers before them quit for the same reason and issues you are having. We approximate that in DFW there are around a thousand drivers and we all compete with each other. Uber will send you the message to go to the airports to find rides like they did with all the drivers before you but as you can see it takes too long for everyone to be able to eat from the same bowl and be consistent like a regular job.

mbd

As you are finding out with rideshare the market is not a constant demand were we all fish and are successful at getting rides for every hour we put in to it. The market is constantly changing too. You have new drivers like yourself signing up to drive everyday while the drivers before them quit for the same reason and issues you are having. We approximate that in DFW there are around a thousand drivers and we all compete with each other. Uber will send you the message to go to the airports to find rides like they did with all the drivers before you but as you can see it takes too long for everyone to be able to eat from the same bowl and be consistent like a regular job.
1000😁
You are way off, those are Coronavirus numbers reported by the Chinese😁
My guess over 15,000 + Lyft= since you have 75% overlap= close to 20,000+ 😁Combined
Airport has over 300 when it is busy

1000😁
My guess over 15,000 + Lyft= since you have 75% overlap= close to 20,000+ 😁Combined
Airport has over 300 when it is busy
Let me have the stuff you are taking😁 that must be really good... made In Afghanistan 😁

TX Uber Ant

1000😁
Remember what I said in another recent thread do not accept rides from Terminals D or E or you put yourself at high risk of getting the Corona virus and the end will certainly be near if you do it. :eek:

@mbd :smiling: I seen it.

Last edited:

mbd

Haven’t done any airport runs for few days. ☹

Remember what I said in another recent thread do not accept rides from Terminals D or E or you put yourself at high risk of getting the Corona virus and the end will certainly be near if you do it. :eek:

@mbd :smiling: I seen it.
Very tough to see Corona virus 🦠 through naked eyesπŸ˜‹

Last edited:

Respect_the_ant

Sounds about right.

You can make $480 driving 480 miles to Roswell NM. So $1 per mile. Wait there's a thing wrong with my math.
Nah, you forgot he went back to Dallas. 960 miles and then Sir Ian took back the money. Free ride! We should create the #FreeIanUberRideFund

No matter what we say and how we say it, he will still think we are holding back. LOL. We are greedy and selfish because we are making the same money as everyone else on this forum. It's like there is a secret to success and he is the last to be picked on the team. Poor thing
πŸ˜¬πŸ˜€πŸ˜œ