Newark Airport this Morning

zombieguy

Last night I get a request at D'jais, so I pull into 1 of the rideshare spots. My philosophy at any busy bar is, if you don't know that you have to look at the app and find where the car is and that you may have to walk a block because its physically impossible with all the cops and people around to pull right in front of you then at the 3 min mark if you are not there and you did not call you will be cancelled and I am collecting a fee and the next ride will be there within 10 sec. So at about the 2:30 mark the door opens and its this fat sleaze and her 2 friends who then says "hey I been calling you I hope I'm not getting charged wait time". I said well I didn't get any calls, and she responds well I was calling. So I say here, look at the screen connected to my phone, no calls for the past 3 hours and even if you did call and I did answer, you still would get charged wait time if you are not in the car within 2 min, that's an Uber thing, that has nothing to do with the drivers, drivers have no control over wait time, the wait time ends when the ride is started and no driver will start the ride until you are in the car. She was like "OK whatever it doesn't matter" 1 STAR, thanks for playing!

Lightning1181

Last night I get a request at D'jais, so I pull into 1 of the rideshare spots. My philosophy at any busy bar is, if you don't know that you have to look at the app and find where the car is and that you may have to walk a block because its physically impossible with all the cops and people around to pull right in front of you then at the 3 min mark if you are not there and you did not call you will be cancelled and I am collecting a fee and the next ride will be there within 10 sec. So at about the 2:30 mark the door opens and its this fat sleaze and her 2 friends who then says "hey I been calling you I hope I'm not getting charged wait time". I said well I didn't get any calls, and she responds well I was calling. So I say here, look at the screen connected to my phone, no calls for the past 3 hours and even if you did call and I did answer, you still would get charged wait time if you are not in the car within 2 min, that's an Uber thing, that has nothing to do with the drivers, drivers have no control over wait time, the wait time ends when the ride is started and no driver will start the ride until you are in the car. She was like "OK whatever it doesn't matter" 1 STAR, thanks for playing!
Lock your doors and let the clock run out. The 3.75 is worth more than the abuse from the entitled ax wipes. Like you said, you would have gotten a new ping in a matter of seconds. Hell, I have been in Red Bank getting Lyft xl pings from D’jais

MondayMan

That’s on you. You knew you should have cancelled, especially if he wouldn’t meet you on level 2.
Maybe I just have bad luck but PA cops scream and threaten me when I try to pick up on level 2. I cancel on pax who won’t come to level 1.

anteetr

Maybe I just have bad luck but PA cops scream and threaten me when I try to pick up on level 2. I cancel on pax who won’t come to level 1.
If you did it right your rider should be waiting for you with his toes on the curb in front of the door number he told you on level 2 before you arrive to get him.

I’ve never waited more than 30 seconds to find my rider on level 2 and I’ve never been @@@@@ed out by the PAPD either.

Lightning1181

Honestly, I do quite a few pickups for my other job, and all the pax know to meet at Level 3. I have a canned message in my phone that I send out to every pax as the plane hits the tarmac, telling them that I am on the property and will meet them at L3, they in tunr text me as they are ascending the escalators. Easy peasy! As far as Goober pax, if they can't make their way to L3, sit out the timer and cancel at 5. Uber's GPS can not tell what level you are on.

DRB720

Honestly, I do quite a few pickups for my other job, and all the pax know to meet at Level 3. I have a canned message in my phone that I send out to every pax as the plane hits the tarmac, telling them that I am on the property and will meet them at L3, they in tunr text me as they are ascending the escalators. Easy peasy! As far as Goober pax, if they can't make their way to L3, sit out the timer and cancel at 5. Uber's GPS can not tell what level you are on.
I do this as well, 9 times out of 10 the pax is happy to go upstairs. I've had some pax tell me they ask the driver to go upstairs and encounter resistance.

MondayMan

I do this as well, 9 times out of 10 the pax is happy to go upstairs. I've had some pax tell me they ask the driver to go upstairs and encounter resistance.
Lol, #resistance. That’s me. It’s because of my run-ins with the PA cops threatening to ticket me if I pick up on other levels. Maybe its the time of day that I drive. I’m not willing to risk the ticket.

RightTurnOnRed

There's a traffic sign encouraging term c level 2 pickups. PA was probably screaming at you for sitting at doors 1 or 2. You have to go down to doors 3 or higher for easier pickups. Doors 1 & 2, gets bottlenecked.

MondayMan

There's a traffic sign encouraging term c level 2 pickups. PA was probably screaming at you for sitting at doors 1 or 2. You have to go down to doors 3 or higher for easier pickups. Doors 1 & 2, gets bottlenecked.
Last time I got threatened with a ticket I was by the last door on level 2 and there were no traffic problems. When I circled I saw the sign lit up that said “save time pick up on level 2” and muttered to myself about it. There was no reason for him to threaten that ticket except that he could. But the fact is that you really can get ticketed for picking up on other levels.

zombieguy

Lock your doors and let the clock run out. The 3.75 is worth more than the abuse from the entitled ax wipes. Like you said, you would have gotten a new ping in a matter of seconds. Hell, I have been in Red Bank getting Lyft xl pings from D’jais
Except I didn't know she was going to be a fat sleaze biotch until she got to the car, I never received the phone call she claimed to have made. But I did do that with another drunken moron. Went to the rideshare spots outside of D'Jais and waited. No one. The pin was on the corner so Im thinking let me just circle around and come up on the northbound side and wait in the shoulder because the cops don't bother you. This was at the end of the night. I get to the new spot, now the clock is past 3 min. I get a phone call of a drunk idiot who doesn't even know the name of the bar and puts his girl on to tell me they are standing in the spot where I just was. I said oh ok hold on.....click....CANCEL.....thanks for playing!

Lightning1181

Except I didn't know she was going to be a fat sleaze biotch until she got to the car, I never received the phone call she claimed to have made. But I did do that with another drunken moron. Went to the rideshare spots outside of D'Jais and waited. No one. The pin was on the corner so Im thinking let me just circle around and come up on the northbound side and wait in the shoulder because the cops don't bother you. This was at the end of the night. I get to the new spot, now the clock is past 3 min. I get a phone call of a drunk idiot who doesn't even know the name of the bar and puts his girl on to tell me they are standing in the spot where I just was. I said oh ok hold on.....click....CANCEL.....thanks for playing!
I have pre-judged pax at the bars for years now. I can sit with my doors locked and totally zone out into space for the time necessary to turn the screen red. I have even denied being an Uber driver at times if I do not like the look of the pax. And the phone calls are always met with the kindest demeanor I can muster, get them off the line and cancel for simply calling me. Exceptions are if it is a piece of information that makes my life easier, ie: I am wearing "color" shirt, or the spot they might be standing at. Everyone else gets the opportunity to request again.

USMCX

I have a little text that I send out during the busy times. Goes something like this: "Hey it looks busy there, would you mind going upstairs to departures?" They usually agree and let you know what level and door they're standing at. If they don't respond, either I cancel or try and make my way to arrivals (depending on the surge rate)