1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New York drivers to get approximately an extra 10,000 per year

Discussion in 'News' started by everythingsuber, Dec 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

1. Maybe a sign of things to come in Australia if the Unions get their way after the next election?

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...yft-ride-share-new-york-wage-increase-minimum

"This new rule will go into effect in 20 days, and it will require drivers to be paid at least $27.86 an hour, which translates to $17.22 after expenses. According to a study from TLC, most drivers currently earn around $11.90 an hour. This change increases the yearly earnings of drivers by $9,000."

Put tamper proof cameras in the cars and pay a minimum wage Uber and I could actually be friends. Won't happen with Uber of course but the system that works will have this as part of its look. Then you could look at things like the type of work they can do.

Lexkan likes this.
  2. Hounddub

Hounddub

Once again the Merchant of Armageddon from Adelaide strikes with his latest Google search.

3. There's a problem with better pay?

Lexkan likes this.
  4. Icecool

Icecool

Yes . It just mean our online time is going to be reduced and it just like working at MacDonald where everybody can only work up to 20 hours per week or less . Our total earning will be reduced or will be cap . Less Uber cars , longer pick up times , higher fares . The pax might as well take a taxi . The winner is the taxis . We all going lose . Surely Uber or the union will give us a choice to be on the minimum wages or not . Minimum wage 20 hours per week or less and only can drive in the busy period , in the core area . No minimum wages , no hour limits . Drive anytime and anywhere .

5. Wait and see how it pans out in New York?
    A cap there has Uber screaming there's not enough drivers that's to be expected. Uber are paying a price for its burn and churn model and it's prices were always going up. I think the figure is Uber is charging 73 cents in the dollar it is costing to provide its service.

6. Icecool

Icecool

Uber is only use some of their money for bonus ect . You don’t need to see . These kind of business practice is already happening like the others business where everybody is just hire casuals . Only rostered when it’s busy . Why can’t the drivers that want the minimum wages just foff and doing something . They’re destroying for the rest of us . It’s it come to that Uber can just sign up drivers that only want To work by commissions only . And only allow the minimum wages driver limited to 20 hour max per week and only are allow to drive in the busy time .

7. Uber in New York is now a good job for mine.
    I'd be happy on the min wage driving people around. Would pick up a nice little car lease a tamper proof camera for a few tax deductible dollars a week. Ok I'd have find a couple of people to share a apartment with but I'm happy and I'm not subsidising Ubers losses.

Uber has to raise prices 5% who cares?

Ubers real problem is that I'm not subsidising losses anymore and it's still only charging 76 cents in the dollar for providing it's services.

Where do they get to profit from there?

Lexkan likes this.
  8. 20 hour week? Are you on student visa?

9. RustaSam

RustaSam

Driving:
    UberX
    I think a minimum charge per kilometer and per minute to the customer should be introduced by legislation for all rideshare providers. The minimum charge must take into account waiting times and dead running and all the expenses incurred by a driver and leave him with at least the minimum wage.
    Ride share providers can then compete on fees and bonuses for drivers.

10. Ivan B

Ivan B

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber drivers are businessmen, they don't get "pay".
    There are plenty of low paying **** jobs around where you can be hired and fired on a whim.
    If you make Uber another one of these **** jobs you will take away the opportunity for us to put in the hours we want to, some of us do like to work hard you know.
    As for the unions, they are gone, dead and buried, never to disrupt our lives again, thank god.

11. JCS26

JCS26

Another UBER is Bad thread.. YAWN!!! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! coming from a cabbie :D :D :D

12. Business men set their own rates.
    I'm all for that.

13. soontobeautomated

soontobeautomated

Driving:
    UberX
    Globally, FUber do not make money. But I drive in Sydney. I've heard many times that Sydney is one of the most profitable cities for FUber anywhere. Of course, I cannot post a link to support this, but only a fool would deny that in our city of Sydney FUber is profitable.

So what if drivers in Syndey get to share some of the wealth in the future that FUber make here? It's better than the wealth getting used to fund investments overseas, surely? Seems I am the only one here that drives and supports a better deal for drivers.

Lexkan likes this.
  14. I look forward to participating in your "Puppy Dogs and Ice cream" thread. I'm amazed with your powers of observation you haven't picked up on the ignore button?

15. JCS26

JCS26

where is the fun in ignoring dumb people

maybe you want to chip in a million to those cabbies filing a lawsuit :D :D :D it would be so much easier for you if you win

16. People get scared Uber falls over and they have nothing. A Uber troll or two possibly?

Eventually something better comes of it.

Nah. Not fussed. I haven't had any financial loss because of Uber and South Australia is not part of the action at this stage. They may join or may launch their own action later but there's no rush.

17. Hounddub

Hounddub

For all the doomsday preppers out there who are continually joining the Armageddon merchant from Adelaide, best you do some research into Uber's clever use of tax havens to LEGALLY avoid tax responsibilities. This is why the "Uber" company doesnt declare a profit and carries forward substantial tax credits for R&D use.

By comparison, the entire global business is run by the Uber BV entity in Amsterdam (which is where your payments are made from each week). That entity seems to be doing quite well.

If only the doomsday peddlers had any knowledge of real international financial structures. But they dont.

18. Beru_lebanon

Beru_lebanon

Lol...uber fanboys believing that just because it's legal that makes it 'right'.
    Yet, when cabbies report say, half the actual earnings, and are able to make the figures look 'right', they scream murder.
    ...right....

19. Hounddub

Hounddub

Very interesting that you use the exact same punctuation and sentence construction to 'St Dymphna son'.

20. Beru_lebanon

Beru_lebanon

Yeah, we both may have gone to the same ****ty school, hence our current poor economic outlook....

everythingsuber likes this.