• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Years Eve

Fuzzy1

I'll be at my regular job. The one that pays the bills. I wouldn't be there either if I had a choice. Just another night I will be thankful I don't drive for a living. Good luck if you do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's been a year since the original thread was posted. Not many of the original respondents still active on this board. So new guys (and veteran drivers) who's working NYE?

empty

If you don’t know it, the big surges will be after midnight when thousands of people on the Strip want to go back home or to their off-the-Strip hotel. At some point in the morning they will open the streets and it will be easy to drive, not like before midnight.

uberxreallysux

If you don’t know it, the big surges will be after midnight when thousands of people on the Strip want to go back home or to their off-the-Strip hotel. At some point in the morning they will open the streets and it will be easy to drive, not like before midnight.
Last year I had a 8.9x surge around 1am.

empty

According to Channel 8 there is a 30% chance for rain on the 31st.

Lyft will be offering $50 credit from 7pm to 3am and will have a drop off and pick up area at the Fashion Show Mall.

SuperUber777

Yes. Around 1 a.m. surge will go crazy. Had a 7 Mile ride that paid 8x surge. My take home was still $190, for a single ride.. It's really not that bad in my opinion, Google Maps with route you around the strip. Desert Inn will be your best friend. Good luck out there. Keep the vomit bags handy.

lubi571

Last New Year's eve all xl's became xl only without Uber telling us. I wonder what surprise they have for us this year.

kojeislandincha

Fear mongering?

Out of 2500 rides, I've had three pukers, and though a little puke never hurt anyone, the cleaning fee of $150 to $200 doesn't really cover the cost of a full detail and shampoo job, when you include the forced offline time.

A $60 set of seat covers, that can be quickly swapped out, could pay for themselves after just one puker, so I'm going to install a set before NYE.

I don't get a commission for selling seat covers if that's your concern. :wink:
My only Hope is that you R Not A Big Ten Fan. And that God please Help Us All. Not. Communist

empty

It's really not that bad in my opinion, Google Maps with route you around the strip. Desert Inn will be your best friend. Good luck out there. Keep the vomit bags handy.
Google typically is not aware of road closures. Wayz should be better, I don't know if it will be perfects, but I'll try using it instead of Google.

Last NY eve I remember trying to get to Flamingo Rd from Dean Martin, but Rio Dr was closed. So be prepared for surprises like that and warn the passengers that you may have to take a longer than expected route.

Last year around midnight there was just one pick up and drop off area on the Strip - at the Linq. I never went there though, I didn't work around midnight. I think I cought the 9.8 surge for some short rides, I did one long ride for $125 later at a slightly lower surge. The normal rate was $1.10 per mile then.

gerg

Last New Year's eve all xl's became xl only without Uber telling us. I wonder what surprise they have for us this year.
I was able to choose between x and xl depending on surge. However some of my pax said they could only order xl when they tried to order x. I was able to get x rides when the surge was over 3x.