• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Years Eve

Thousands of Taxi, Limo, Uber and Lyft drivers chasing the money. Drunks, Druggies, cold people, tourist and locals all looking for a ride at 12:15AM. Don't forget about the massive traffic and police roadblocks.

Uptown (strip), Downtown, Residental. Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn. For those who will work, what are your plans?

Koval and Sinatra will be a parking lot.

vegastaxi

Thousands of Taxi, Limo, Uber and Lyft drivers chasing the money. Drunks, Druggies, cold people, tourist and locals all looking for a ride at 12:15AM. Don't forget about the massive traffic and police roadblocks.

Uptown (strip), Downtown, Residental. Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn. For those who will work, what are your plans?

Koval and Sinatra will be a parking lot.
I gave up my eve years ago, I'm a lucky one, not worth it, fast money though, cabbies crack there window and tell people 100 dollars for a ride and they pay it

Rando57

I gave up my eve years ago, I'm a lucky one, not worth it, fast money though, cabbies crack there window and tell people 100 dollars for a ride and they pay it
Agreed. If I was driving Uber I'd focus on the outskirts going to the strip and be finished by midnight. I can't imagine having those crazies in my own personal car let alone the cab I drive. It's not worth the money and hassle. But for some, it works. Have at it, I say!

vegastaxi

Agreed. If I was driving Uber I'd focus on the outskirts going to the strip and be finished by midnight. I can't imagine having those crazies in my own personal car let alone the cab I drive. It's not worth the money and hassle. But for some, it works. Have at it, I say!
The burbs are going to be busy early going to the strip, best time for uber, I remember last time I worked New Year's Eve was like 13 years ago, I'm always off since I went days 6 years ago.

GrandpaD

It's just plain ugly down there. I'm sure there's money to be made as it'll surge big time. But getting to your ping will be virtually impossible. And, of course, your drunk pax will be totally understanding when you tell them you have to drop them 3 blocks from their destination.:mad: This ol' guy will just watch it on TV.

vegastaxi

It's just plain ugly down there. I'm sure there's money to be made as it'll surge big time. But getting to your ping will be virtually impossible. And, of course, your drunk pax will be totally understanding when you tell them you have to drop them 3 blocks from their destination.:mad: This ol' guy will just watch it on TV.
And eat some
Cake for me

Azgambler46

I'm with you. I'll be in front of my fireplace with a tall Jack/rocks.

John Smither

Have fun i will be in my warm bed sleeping. I did 5 years driving and nye is the worst day of the year. Sitting at traffic lights as they turn red and green 20+ time and 1 car move. Good luck

USArmy31B30

Money doesn't grow on trees, gotta go get them! I would not dare go near LV Blvd, I'm more like Paradise and Industrial border :biggrin:

Time to hustle to make up for the slow days...

GrandpaD

Money doesn't grow on trees, gotta go get them! I would not dare go near LV Blvd, I'm more like Paradise and Industrial border :biggrin:

Time to hustle to make up for the slow days...
On NYE you don't have to worry about LV Blvd, it closes about 6pm...about the time Paradise and Industrial become parking lots.

Nairb

I'm more curious about New Year's Day, myself.
I can tell you all about it: it comes every January 1st. Starting at around 10-11am some of the tourists will want to go shopping. Most of them won't feel up to it. Most of the locals will still own cars.

Glenn in LV

I can tell you all about it: it comes every January 1st. Starting at around 10-11am some of the tourists will want to go shopping. Most of them won't feel up to it. Most of the locals will still own cars.
I am thinking that NYD should be pretty good with people rushing around to collect the cars they abandoned to their drunkenness the night before. I plan on working the day of NYE till 6 or 7 and getting up early for NYD to see what falls off the tree. But then, I only pretty much work days anyway :-)

Nairb

I am thinking that NYD should be pretty good with people rushing around to collect the cars they abandoned to their drunkenness the night before. I plan on working the day of NYE till 6 or 7 and getting up early for NYD to see what falls off the tree. But then, I only pretty much work days anyway :smiles:
I very much hope you get tons of those rides. That means fewer people died from drunk drivers the night before.

LasVegasWil

I've been thinking of starting early on NY day instead. Plus, New Years Eve just isn't the same without Dick. Clark that is.